Re: Elf II PCB

  • urrossum@att.net
    Message 1 of 45 , Apr 17, 2013
      > My biggest concern is finding a source of hex keypads that would work with the PCB.

      Actually, the original ELF-II (I had one, back in college) used individual Cherry key-switch buttons, each mounted separately on the board. I was just looking for similar buttons for another project a couple of months ago, and they are a bit difficult to source at a reasonable price, but not impossible. I'll probably adjust the layout of the board a bit to accommodate currently available parts (the edge connectors may be another issue...)
      ~~
      Mark Moulding
    • stephanf01
      Message 45 of 45 , Jun 18, 2014
        Mark,

        I have an old ELF II with shot buttons - not from age but honestly from overuse - my father and I used that computer for years.  I have not been able to track down a source for replacement buttons but you mention that you found some.  Could you point me in the right direction to get a handful of replacements?

        Thanks,

        Stephan