Oak Ridge Tiny Basic

  • sncf141r
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30 4:53 AM
      Hi all;

      I have put my copy of "Oak Ridge Tiny Basic" on line in
      the files section.

      It is in 8088 assembler; as mentioned in the "README"
      section, I took a paper listing (source code/assembled)
      and typed it in as "Data Bytes", and then added my own
      input/output routines. (6847 display; ascii keyboard on
      one input port)

      As the Tiny Basic was distributed in source code format
      on paper for free; I'd assume that it was "in the public
      domain". Comments welcome.

      I have also put a file "monitor.asm" on line; no idea
      what it does any more, other than what the name implies.

      John Stewart
      Ottawa, Canada.
    • s_brune2001
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30 11:55 AM
        John:

        Where is your site? I don't see a link to it.

        Steve

        --- In cosmacelf@y..., "sncf141r" <luigi@m...> wrote:
        > Hi all;
        >
        > I have put my copy of "Oak Ridge Tiny Basic" on line in
        > the files section.
        >
        > It is in 8088 assembler; as mentioned in the "README"
        > section, I took a paper listing (source code/assembled)
        > and typed it in as "Data Bytes", and then added my own
        > input/output routines. (6847 display; ascii keyboard on
        > one input port)
        >
        > As the Tiny Basic was distributed in source code format
        > on paper for free; I'd assume that it was "in the public
        > domain". Comments welcome.
        >
        > I have also put a file "monitor.asm" on line; no idea
        > what it does any more, other than what the name implies.
        >
        > John Stewart
        > Ottawa, Canada.
      • Dave Ruske
        Message 3 of 5 , May 30 1:48 PM
          The files have been uploaded to the COSMAC ELF forum itself. Log in to the
          Yahoo! forum at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cosmacelf/ and you should be
          able to click the "Files" link in the navigation bar on the left. John has
          the files organized into a folder there.

          Very creative use of an 8088 assembler, there!

          Dave

          At 06:55 PM 5/30/2002 +0000, you wrote:
          >John:
          >
          >Where is your site? I don't see a link to it.
          >
          >Steve
          >
          >--- In cosmacelf@y..., "sncf141r" <luigi@m...> wrote:
          > > Hi all;
          > >
          > > I have put my copy of "Oak Ridge Tiny Basic" on line in
          > > the files section.
          > >
          > > It is in 8088 assembler; as mentioned in the "README"
          > > section, I took a paper listing (source code/assembled)
          > > and typed it in as "Data Bytes", and then added my own
          > > input/output routines. (6847 display; ascii keyboard on
          > > one input port)
          > >
          > > As the Tiny Basic was distributed in source code format
          > > on paper for free; I'd assume that it was "in the public
          > > domain". Comments welcome.
          > >
          > > I have also put a file "monitor.asm" on line; no idea
          > > what it does any more, other than what the name implies.
          > >
          > > John Stewart
          > > Ottawa, Canada.

        • Richard
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 23, 2004
            Hi All,

            Just a few quick questions.

            Is LI-Chen Wang's Tiny Basic For The 8080, Manual On Line Some Where?

            Oak Ridge Tiny Basic, Is suppose to be an out take of this tiny basic, along with the syntax. I wonted to check to see if it holds true.

            Also I have A working emulation of this basic. If Anyone is interested. I haven't gotten all the normal features in (As In the Sbasic Emulation). Does have F1-Save Program and F2-Load Program And F3-Load Text Program (Haven't tested This Yet, Don't have a program to load).

            Hears a Few of it features. FOR/NEXT Loops, And One Array Variable "@" Plus the normal Commands. This Is Also Legal P. PR. PRI. PRIN. = PRINT,along with the other commands. This Version also Has 2 added commands CLS and HOME.

            The emulator is the super basic emulator with few small change to make it load and save the right data. Right Now the program uses a 16k emulation and the data area starts at 0x900.

            If You wont a copy of the emulator, Let me Know!

            P.S. Hope to Have The Sources Online Soon. The Original is Still In the proofing stage. The Version In the emulator is a mix of the one posted, and the original and repairs I made. A Super ELF version is Also In The Testing Stages.

          • richardep20002000
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 6, 2004
              Contact With Robert G. Edwards Established.

              Oak Ridge Tiny Basic Source Online.

              Emulator To Follow As Soon As I get some notes Made.
              Will also Have Source with it. That May Run On The Super Elf.
              Sence this is the emulator I Pluged it into.
              Still waiting confirmation of that.