Re: Dedicated 1802 FORTH computer

  • jdrose_8_bit
    Message 1 of 90 , Apr 3, 2013
      Like a lot computers back in the day, it turns out that the schematic is in the technical manual (blue cover). I found it in the "Manual" section of a COMX-35 fan website located in the Netherlands. An amazing amount of information about the COMX-35 at that great website.

      http://www.comxclub.hobby-site.com/COMX-Club_Manuals.htm

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "joshbensadon" <joshbensadon@...> wrote:

      > That sounds like a great project. Sure it will work, you just make it work. Where the schematics that hard to come by? Can you upload them here?
      >
      > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "jdrose_8_bit" <rarecoinbuyer@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I was finally able to track down the schematic to the COMX-35. Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I think I am just going to build a COMX-35. Instead of BASIC in ROM. I'll put FORTH in ROM instead.
      > >
      > > There are some really rare chips in the video part of the computer. Just have to be patient as they become available.
      > >
      > > Do you think a project like that might work?
      > >
      > > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "eight_bit_jdrose" <rarecoinbuyer@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I could probably design the computer part but I do not know anything about video or how to interface video to logic.
      > > >
      > > > http://www.jupiter-ace.co.uk/ace_schematic.html

    • penguin.robot
      Message 90 of 90 , Apr 5, 2013
        Doug: That's awesome. Which brings to mind, with the current Propeller COSMAC Elf II project, there's at least three versions of FORTH that run on it.

        And hey, JD, as I recall, one is a spinoff Jupiter Ace version. The Parallax Propeller chip has over 248 programming languages and versions so you could also program it in other languages and flavors. Here are the links.

        Propeller Languages for the "Propeller" COSMAC Elf II
        http://humanoidolabs.blogspot.com/2012/03/ultimate-list-of-big-brain-languages.html

        Propeller Elf II Site
        http://humanoidolabs.blogspot.com/2012/03/propeller-elf-ii.html