Re: [cosmacelf] Re: Membership Card Owners

  • Charles Richmond
    Message 1 of 49 , Mar 29, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 35 KB
    I think that "microdrives" were about the size of a double-thick
    flash memory card... something like you'd use in a digital camera.
    If the drive is 2" to 2 1/2" wide, it's like a laptop disk drive.
    The microdrives are *much* smaller.

    Microdrive:
    Message 49 of 49 , Apr 14 12:44 PM
      On 4/14/2013 1:08 PM, Richard wrote:

> [...]

      Yeah; but I got clever. I combined the monitor and Tiny Basic into one
      4k ROM. The monitor is the part that actually does the memory sizing. It
      needs RAM for its register save/restore and breakpoints. It starts
      testing high, and progresses downward until it finds a byte that it
      can't change (the ROM). Unfortunately, this test fails when the monitor
      and BASIC are in RAM.

      I'll get to it. Just too many other things to do...

      --
      If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood
      and don't assign them tasks and work. Rather, teach them to long