Re: TMS1000

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 18, 2013
      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Megaslug" <rer@...> wrote:

      > Hornby Zero-1 predates DCC by some time. It's quite a bit different in protocol, and the TMS1000 processor in it is probably the limitation. DCC has 2 addressing modes, all systems support it and have for some time. The extended addressing uses 14 bits, less a few reserved addresses, most systems allow addresses up to 9999. The basic address in 7 bits and allows addresses to 127, although some system cap it a 99.
      >
      > --Randy

      Thanks Randy.

      I've totally forgotten the DCC protocol, haven't touched my 1/2 finished layout for years. You've answered my question about why he wants to stick to the Hornby Zero-1. His system is probably running only on that system, and if he wants more addresses, then he's probably got lots of money invested in that older system.

      :)J