C Compiler Code Quality

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2013
      I'm pretty pleased with the 1802 code coming out of the compiler.  It's a long way from the likes of GCC or SDCC but it's way better than something like small-C.  Rather than futz with code formatting here, I've put a sample online:

      http://olduino.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/lcc1802-code-quality/

      There's a fundamental problem in that the compiler implicitly thinks that registers are the bees knees and storage is freely addressable.  My only defense against that is using register variables.  I currently have 3 registers available as variables and 4 temps.  I may try adjusting that to see what results I get.  It wouldn't help the queens snippet much though.
    • jdrose_8_bit
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2013
        Impressive. That looks real good.