Re: [cosmacelf] Re: CDP 1802/4/5/6 ICEing on the cake

    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 1, 2013
      On 3/1/2013 5:38 PM, urrossum@... wrote:
      >>> the otherwise unused 68h... Does anyone know what a *real* 1802 does
      >>> when it encounters this instruction?
      >> That's easy! :-) Notice that 69-6F are the INP instructions? They put
      > <...clip of excellent explanation..>
      > Thanks, Lee! That makes perfect sense, and also affirms that I can use this instruction with impunity, since it should be of no use to any existing software.

      Well... *most* existing software won't use it. But I can't say that
      someone somewhere didn't use that hardware trick. Or, you may run into
      something that uses the 1804/5/6, which *did* use this as an active

      If you're building an emulator, can't you use an "impossible" code like

      An engineer can do for a nickel what any damn fool can do for a dollar.
      -- Henry Ford
    • Tom
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 5, 2013
        Dave Jones did a review of the TL866CS on his EEVBLOG.

        - Tom