Re: Cosmac Elf and Eagle

  • ruudbaltissen
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
      Hallo allemaal,

      > http://www.cadsoft.de/download-eagle/freeware/

      I think you most of you will prefer the English version:
      http://www.cadsoftusa.com/download-eagle/freeware/?language=en

      Kind regards, Ruud Baltissen
      www.Baltissen.org
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
        most of the parts on the boards should be standard dip ics and passive components.  If you search in the message archives of this site you'll find some threads like this http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/cosmacelf/message/3913 that talk about eagle and certainly point to schematics.

        You could also post pictures of the loose pcb system.  someone may recognize the style and it would be interesting in its own right.

        To: cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com
        CC: dave@...
        From: ruud@...
        Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 08:52:33 +0100
        Subject: [cosmacelf] Cosmac Elf and Eagle

        Hallo allemaal, (hello everybody)

        My name is Ruud Baltissen, I'm Dutch and new to this group.

        Two weeks ago I received two 1802 systems: one built using small
        PCBs connected to each other with a lot of wires, the other one
        using an ELF II as base plus some extras, for example a keyboard.
        I haven't any idea if they work. To be honest, I have my doubts
        because I saw some loose wires here and there. For that reason I
        want to make a schematic of both systems first and compare them with
        original schematics. That could simplify identifying the loose
        lines.

        For creating schematics I use Eagle. The advantage of this software,
        there is a freeware version available:
        http://www.cadsoft.de/download-eagle/freeware/
        As I have no needs for making PCBs, It's ideal for me. Another
        advantage for me: a lot of my Commodore friends use it as well.

        My question: is anybody of you using this software as well and does
        he/she have schematics and a library with parts available for my
        use? It would save some labour :)
        Thank you very much in advance!

        My future plans with the systems:
        - I want to restore the 'loose PCBs' system to its original state as
        a hommage to the original builder. (I and the previous owner have no
        idea who that was)
        - I want to restore the ELF II to its own original state and then
        use it for further expansion like adding an harddisk or CF. Quite
        easy when using the expansion slots IMHO.

        With the systems I also received a lot of magazines that I'm
        scanning now. They will be made public as soon as I'm finished with
        that. Unfortunately there will be a small problem for the most of
        you: they are all in Dutch.

        --
        ___
        / __|__

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
          --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, ruud@... wrote:

          > Hallo allemaal, (hello everybody)
          >

          > My name is Ruud Baltissen, I'm Dutch and new to this group.

          Welcome to the group!

          > Two weeks ago I received two 1802 systems: one built using small
          > PCBs connected to each other with a lot of wires, the other one
          > using an ELF II as base plus some extras, for example a keyboard.
          > I haven't any idea if they work. To be honest, I have my doubts
          > because I saw some loose wires here and there. For that reason I
          > want to make a schematic of both systems first and compare them with
          > original schematics. That could simplify identifying the loose
          > lines.

          Very nice! A little work and I'm sure you'll have these systems running soon.

          Sorry, I don't use Eagle software. I'm only using Autocad for now. Not the best software for schematics, but it gives me the control I like.

          Regards,
          Josh