Cosmac Elf and Eagle

  • ruudbaltissen
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2013
      Hallo allemaal, (hello everybody)

      My name is Ruud Baltissen, I'm Dutch and new to this group.

      Two weeks ago I received two 1802 systems: one built using small
      PCBs connected to each other with a lot of wires, the other one
      using an ELF II as base plus some extras, for example a keyboard.
      I haven't any idea if they work. To be honest, I have my doubts
      because I saw some loose wires here and there. For that reason I
      want to make a schematic of both systems first and compare them with
      original schematics. That could simplify identifying the loose
      lines.

      For creating schematics I use Eagle. The advantage of this software,
      there is a freeware version available:
      http://www.cadsoft.de/download-eagle/freeware/
      As I have no needs for making PCBs, It's ideal for me. Another
      advantage for me: a lot of my Commodore friends use it as well.

      My question: is anybody of you using this software as well and does
      he/she have schematics and a library with parts available for my
      use? It would save some labour :)
      Thank you very much in advance!

      My future plans with the systems:
      - I want to restore the 'loose PCBs' system to its original state as
      a hommage to the original builder. (I and the previous owner have no
      idea who that was)
      - I want to restore the ELF II to its own original state and then
      use it for further expansion like adding an harddisk or CF. Quite
      easy when using the expansion slots IMHO.

      With the systems I also received a lot of magazines that I'm
      scanning now. They will be made public as soon as I'm finished with
      that. Unfortunately there will be a small problem for the most of
      you: they are all in Dutch.

      Kind regards, Ruud Baltissen
      www.Baltissen.org

      --
      ___
      / __|__
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
        Hallo allemaal,

        > http://www.cadsoft.de/download-eagle/freeware/

        I think you most of you will prefer the English version:
        http://www.cadsoftusa.com/download-eagle/freeware/?language=en

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013

          You could also post pictures of the loose pcb system.  someone may recognize the style and it would be interesting in its own right.

          To: cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com
          CC: dave@...

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
            --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, ruud@... wrote:

            > Hallo allemaal, (hello everybody)
            >

            > My name is Ruud Baltissen, I'm Dutch and new to this group.

            Welcome to the group!

            > Two weeks ago I received two 1802 systems: one built using small
            > PCBs connected to each other with a lot of wires, the other one
            > using an ELF II as base plus some extras, for example a keyboard.
            > I haven't any idea if they work. To be honest, I have my doubts
            > because I saw some loose wires here and there. For that reason I
            > want to make a schematic of both systems first and compare them with
            > original schematics. That could simplify identifying the loose
            > lines.

            Very nice! A little work and I'm sure you'll have these systems running soon.

            Sorry, I don't use Eagle software. I'm only using Autocad for now. Not the best software for schematics, but it gives me the control I like.

            Regards,
            Josh