Re: [cosmacelf] Re: Flash memeory

  • David Keith
    Message 1 of 140 , Jan 14, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 403 KB
    As I was wondering through my Jameco Catalog, I found a good deal on Flash Memory chip for $5.95 so I bought two to give may ELF XXL a total of 1 mega byte memory,

    5 VOLT 512KX8 DIP-32 90 NANOSECONDS FLASH, see attached datasheet

    http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?freeText=242667&langId=-1&storeId=10001&productId=242667&search_type=jamecoall&catalogId=10001&ddkey=http:StoreCatalogDrillDownView

    I am planning on bank addressing in 64K byte blocks, with Bank 0000 mapped to the normal 1802 memory space, and Bank FFFF mapped to a separate/partitioned video memory space.

    I would like to start developing my schematics, is the Eagle Hobbyist the cheapest available??

    Thanks
    David
    Message 140 of 140 , Jan 16, 2013
      On 1/15/2013 7:03 PM, Ray Po wrote:
      > Has anyone considered building a simple IP/ethernet interface to attach
      > 2 or more 1802's together and co-process?

      There are lots of simple ways to network two or more micros, but
      IP/ethernet certainly isn't one of them. It's only "simple" in the sense
      that you can dump your wallet on the table to buy some off-the-shelf
      board with software to do it all for you.

      All you really need is a simple serial port between them, and a little
      software. I've networked Parallax BASIC Stamps this way, and they are
      even dumber and slower than 1802's. :-)

      --
      The most dangerous enemy of a better solution is an existing one that
      is just good enough. -- Eric S. Raymond