Looking for original coding for Enterprise Display

  • Craig Ledbetter
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012

      I don’t know why, but I cannot find the coding for the original COSMAC ELF Star Trek Enterprise display routine.

      I had it and I don’t know where it went. And I can’t find it in the files section of the group.

      Does anyone have it to send to me as a text file or hex file?

      Thank you in advance

      Craig Ledbetter

      Ireland

    • David G Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
      Hi Craig,

                      I hope this is what you want. I cut & pasted it from the softcopy of the July 1977 PE magazine.

      Regards
      David Williams
      Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
        Thank you David!

        I do have a question.
        Why does the program take an input? It changes two bytes in the stack but that is it?
        I don't have the actual PE page to tell me what is that purpose.
        Also, I wanted to experiment with doing a shift of the image from right to lift like it was flying.
        But I run out of 256 byte space limitation.
        Any ideas on how to do it?

        Craig

        Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
          Hello,

          Here is a link to the "Pixie Animation Program":

          http://www.incolor.com/bill_r/elf/html/elf-4a43.htm

          Hope this is what you are looking for.

          ED

          --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, Craig Ledbetter <craigaledbetter@...> wrote:

          > Thank you David!
          >
          > I do have a question.
          > Why does the program take an input? It changes two bytes in the stack but that is it?
          > I don't have the actual PE page to tell me what is that purpose.
          > Also, I wanted to experiment with doing a shift of the image from right to lift like it was flying.
          > But I run out of 256 byte space limitation.
          > Any ideas on how to do it?
          >
          > Craig
          >
          > On 3 Dec 2012, at 12:09, "David G Williams" <davidg.williams@...> wrote:
          >
          > > [Attachment(s) from David G Williams included below]
          > >
          > > Hi Craig,
          > >
          > > I hope this is what you want. I cut & pasted it from the softcopy of the July 1977 PE magazine.
          > >

          > > Regards
          > > David Williams

        • David G Williams
          Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2012
            Hi Craig,

                             You can find the original Popular Electronics ELF articles at this URL:-

            Look at Part 4 & Part 4a. Part 4a is an animation program - rather like what I think you want to achieve.

            If you can't get the articles from the URL I can email them to you-  if you can send me your email address via the Yahoo groups - my user ID is "williad43"

            I haven't looked at the program for many many years so I can't answer your question about the two inputs. Perhaps the PE articles mentioned above explain this.

            Regards
            David