1802 Educational Training System

  • Bee Dee
    Message 1 of 58 , Jul 22, 2012
      I was thinking about making an interface for my COSMAC ELF-ish CDP1802 Simulator (SimElf++ / COSMAC Elf^2) that is an educational trainer that
      shows the internals of the 1802 and how the information gets passed
      around from D to the 16 bit registers and memory and the ALU and all
      that for each instruction as it's executed.

      Anyone think that has value?
      And would anyone use it or think someone will?

      http://www.donnelly-house.net/programming/cdp1802/simelf/
      Message 58 of 58 , Aug 1, 2012
        Back to the original subject of this thread...

        I saw something on the HackaDay site that sounds perfect for
        incorporation into an 1802 trainer.

        http://www.happyprog.com/tdgotchi/

        Remember the Tamagotchi kid's toy that was popular a few years back?
        It's was a little wristwatch sized toy with an LCD screen that displayed
        a virtual "pet" that you had to feed and play with and take care of.

        Well, the above link goes to a little program that works like this for
        software engineers. Each time you improve your code and it works, it
        "feeds" the pet. If you fail to improve things, your pet suffers.

        --
        Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
        good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats. -- Howard Aiken