9698RE: [cosmacelf] Re: The Elf 2000 PCBs and GALs are available again

  • Bob Armstrong
    Mar 1, 2012
      > Is there a mememory map available for that very tempting Elf 2000 software
      EPROM?

      Do you really mean a memory map? Or are you really asking for a
      description of what's in the EPROM? Assuming you mean what you said, here
      it is

      Elf 2000 EPROM Layout

      Segment

      Start

      Allocation

      Size

      Free

      Utilization

      BOOTS

      $

      8000

      7936

      7.75

      5618

      2318

      71%

      HELP

      $

      9F00

      2304

      2.25

      2218

      86

      96%

      VIDEO

      $

      A800

      2048

      2.00

      1724

      324

      84%

      rcBASIC

      $

      B000

      7424

      7.25

      6324

      1100

      85%

      SEDIT

      $

      CD00

      768

      0.75

      675

      93

      88%

      EDTASM

      $

      D000

      4096

      4.00

      2965

      1131

      72%

      rcFORTH

      $

      E000

      4864

      4.75

      4364

      500

      90%

      BIOS

      $

      F300

      3328

      3.25

      3232

      96

      97%

      Totals

      32768

      32

      27120

      5648

      83%

      This is for v87.

      > Also are any of the EFx input ports free?

      Depends on what options you've installed and how you set the jumpers.
      Here's a table of the I/O ports used

      Elf 2000 I/O Port Assignments

      Port

      Input