7685Re: Enhanced SimElf Simulator in JavaScript -- (pre-announce)

  • awasson2001
    Jun 2, 2011
      The reason it doesn't work locally in IE9 is because by default IE prevents local scripts from running. I suppose it's a misguided gesture meant to combat hackers. If you run your page from a server (even a built-in IIS server), you are using http rather than the local file system and IE9 then feels it's safe to execute the script.

      I'm also not a fan of browsers that begin with IE.

      By the way, I took the simulator out for a spin the other day... Very nice!

      Andrew

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "whd_whd_whd" <whd_whd_whd@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the feedback. Especially working on various browsers on
      > various machines.
      >
      > It also seems to work on IE 9, but only when on the web.
      > For some reason it doesn't work in local machine mode. (file://)
      >
      > So it's probably some small thing to fix. I don't care for IE, but
      > I know 'some people still use it', so I'll probably try to support it
      > as long as it doesn't irritate me or take too much time. (I've done
      > more cross-browser coding than I ever wanted to, so it shouldn't be
      > a problem, I'm just getting grumpy in my old age)
      >
      > I want this to work off of people's hard drives, though, so you don't
      > have to go to a website every time you want to use it.
      >
      > I already made a few changes, like the check boxes working, so I'll
      > update it now and then, and eventually "phase one" will be complete.
      >
      > Then more fun stuff like graphics and video terminal after that.
      >
      > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "whd_whd_whd" <whd_whd_whd@> wrote:
      > >
      > {snip}

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic