7224Re: [cosmacelf] Cheap ($10) logic analyzer ready to be built

  • Bill Rowe(Rogers email)
    Dec 5, 2010
      and that display is great!

      From: ted_rossin
      Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 1:26 PM
      To: cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [cosmacelf] Cheap ($10) logic analyzer ready to be built

      I finished up my first version of the PIC 18F2620 cheap logic analyzer (about $10) which is capable of taking 3936 samples at a 5M sample/second rate (200ns/sample). You can find the new project here:

      http://www.tedrossin.0sites.net/Electronics/Pic/Pic.html

      I added a voltmeter mode where the 5 analog inputs of the PIC are sampled and displayed on the screen. I also implemented run length encoding for transferring the samples in order to get the update rate a bit faster over the ~10Kbyte/sec serial port. The PC side software can cleanly update the PIC firmware so as new versions are available, the changes will not require pulling the part off the board.

      Let me know if you find problems. It seems to work well debugging 1802 based systems.