      From: Lee Hart
      Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 6:43 PM
      To: cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [cosmacelf] Re: Membership card Rev. B

      On 10/11/2010 12:51 PM, timgreenowb wrote:
      > The main thing is you can keep your program without having to pull
      > the I/O board off when you power down.

      You don't have to remove the Front Panel board to go into standby
      (minimal power consumption). Power connector P4 has 4 pins:

      pin 1 = positive supply (3-6v)
      pin 2 = Standby/Run; tie to pin 1 to run, leave it open for standby
      pin 3 = LEDs; tie to pin 4 to enable LEDs, leave it open to disable
      pin 4 = negative supply (3-6v)

      So, for minimum standby power, open the connections between 1-2 and 3-4
      with a switch.

      Or, note that 1v is enough to maintain memory contents, but stops the
      clock and other logic from drawing power.