7167Re: [cosmacelf] Membership card Rev. B

    Oct 11, 2010
      On 10/10/2010 10:11 PM, timgreenowb wrote:
      > I got my membership card last night! I've already tried my first
      > mod. My card came with 8K Ram(HM6264). I just happen to have a
      > Dallas Semiconductor DS1225 in my parts box. Its a pin compatible
      > nonvolatile Ram chip. Its supposed to be guaranteed for 10 years. I
      > got mine from some junk equipment at work so I don't know how old it
      > is already.
      >
      > The only problem I've had so far with the DS1225 is it doesn't really
      > fit in the socket pins. I had to file the end of the 1802 a little
      > to get it to fit.<:-o Its also too tall for the Altoids tin. But I
      > have a pipe tobacco tin I'm going to use anyway.

      Yeah, the 1802 and RAM are packed tight end-to-end, and still barely fit
      in the Altoids can. The DS1225 has a coin cell stuck on top of it, which
      adds to the height, and there is none to spare.

      RAMtron makes nonvolatile ferroelectric RAMs that are the same size as a
      regular RAM chip. I haven't tried one, but they are a possibility.