7116Re: [cosmacelf] Re: Something cool from iFixIt...

    Sep 1, 2010
      From: wa9hsl <wa9hsl@...>
      > I wish that instead of writing a highly critical hindsight piece like
      > that that the individual would have better spent his/her time with
      > fresh innovation for today.

      Or, use the Studio 2 as example of then vs. now. For example, it was made in USA. It used high quality parts. It was easy to open up, used generic parts so it was easy to fix, and reliable enough not to *need* repairs.

      I'll bet that Studio 2 they had still works. What are the chances that any of its contemporary video games, or even an original IBM PC that they lauded still work? What are the chances that *any* of todays glitzy made-in China electronics will work when they are 30 years old?

      --
      Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the one who is
      doing it. -- Chinese proverb