7115Re: Something cool from iFixIt...

  • wa9hsl
    Sep 1, 2010
      My thoughts too Allison but I wish that instead of writing a highly critical hindsight piece like that that the individual would have better spent his/her time with fresh innovation for today.

      My Studio 2 was facinating to me at a time when all sorts of really neat things and technical toys were appearing. Later my unit supplied a nice 1802 and 1861 at a price that was cheaper than the cost of the parts at the time. The chips are still working in a wire-wrapped system but of course now I wish I had the Studio 2 unit back with all it's parts and simplistic games.

      al

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "ajparent1" <kb1gmx@...> wrote:

      > I find it interesting that PC Review would comment something so horribly out of context that had gone by before their selfsame creation. I got mine in something like late '78 roughly 4 years before the IBM PC. Those of us that had "PC"s then called any machine we owned a Personal Computer and the actual hardware could be most anything including PDP11, PDP8, EVK68, Altair, SWTP, COSMAC, KIM and on and on.
      >
      > As video games went it was not up the standard of later ones but
      > still ahead of many it was current with that relied on fixed
      > function game chips. The studio II was programmable and cheaper
      > than many of the fancier machines. Then again the games world
      > from about 73 to 1980 was moving about the speed of Moore's law and maybe pushing it some.
      >

      > Allison
      >

      > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, Lee Hart <leeahart@> wrote:
      > >
      > > From: Mike Harpe <mike@>
      > > > Since I'm new I thought I would share something to introduce myself!
      > > > http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/RCA-Studio-II-Teardown/3527/1
      > >
      > > Man! They certainly went out of their way to slam the poor thing, didn't they!
      > >
      > > --
      > > Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the one who is
      > > doing it. -- Chinese proverb
      > > --
      > > Lee A. Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377, leeahart-at-earthlink.net

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic