6005Re: Super Basic

  • Steve Gemeny
    Aug 12, 2009
      OK so I did some digging...

      This question of I/O was nagging at me as though I'd lived through some of it before.

      It turns out that the I/O behavior of Super Basic was a bit of a vexing problem back in late Feb of 2003. When SB starts up it is looking for specific user input to decide if I/O is serial or parallel, detect baud rate, etc (could perhaps even include some kind of video).

      Without going into the details, I'd point you in the direction of messages in the high 700s with specific interest to 776, 789 and 795.

      Good Luck,

      Steve

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, rileym65 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > The Super Basic 5 that I have is just using serial output to a vt100.
      > Mike
      >
      > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Marcel van Tongeren" <marcel.v.tongeren@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Thanks a mill, however still no luck with this CSAVE,C it still gives
      > > > the same ERR CODE 462??
      > > Got it to work now! Problem was caused by wrong use of EF4.... and my version just uses CSAVE and CLOAD
      > >
      > > > Does anyone know if the cassette 'HW' is using the Q flag for save
      > > > and EF3 for load? or another EF?
      > > Ok, this one I can now answer myself: it is indeed Q/EF3
      > >
      > > I could still use some help with the video chip!
      > >
      > > Cheers, Marcel.

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic