5433Re: Arduino for xmas

  • Andrew Wasson
    Dec 10, 2007
      Hi Bill,
      Here's some more info on DIY & Hackable Ardiuino's:

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Rowe" <bill_rowe@...> wrote:
      > I came across a link to the Arduino project an "open-source
      electronics prototyping platform" and I'm quite intrigued.
      > At its simplest it's based on a standardized board with a
      microcontroller, a couple of leds, a bunch of i/o pins, and a USB
      interface. Accompanying it is an IDE environment for pcs, macs, and
      linux that lets you program it in C. Inexpensive even in single
      quantities at under $40 for a complete system. One of the key points
      of the design is ease of real world interfaces so there are a bunch
      of, again inexpensive, sensors & actuators (accellerometers, vibrators
      etc.) and interfaces (bluetooth, wifi) available.