      From: Lee Hart
      To: cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 3:10 PM
      Subject: Re: [Bulk] [cosmacelf] Color FORTH for the 1802

      Bill Rowe wrote:
      > this is the best I've found so far including a windows executable. It runs, it's colorful, but even with it right in front of me it's totally opaque!
      > http://www.geocities.com/eleks_76/

      Exactly! Frustrating, isn't it? Uncommented code in a foreign language.
      Where do you begin? But you can still sense that amazing things are
      being done with tiny amounts of code.

      It reminds me of mathematics. You can write something like E=mc^2 that
      looks trivial, but in fact has profound things to say about the universe!

      Someone needs to write something like Leo Brodie's book "Starting Forth"
      or "The Little Lisper" by Friedman and Felleisen to properly explain
      Ring the bells that still can ring
      Forget the perfect offering
      There is a crack in everything

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.