5164Re: Is there a Hex Keypad standard?

  • Al W,
    Feb 2, 2007
      I like the keypad auto load function too but one disadvantage if you happen to be clumsy
      like me is that mistakes are often costly time-wise. Some of the mentioned computers like
      the ELF II require one to start from the bottom all over again and step back up to the error
      byte.

      On the VIP one can at least key in the error byte address to edit it directly. I copied the VIP
      scheme on one of my home-built systems and it works very well for me.

      When I implemented the auto-load function into my monitor program using a full-sized
      ascii keyboard I provided special keys for backup one step and forward one step. Once
      the monitor is active then editing memory in this fashion is much easier.

      al winfrey

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Wasson" <andrew@...> wrote:

      > Hey Ted,
      > I for one like the Keypad auto load feature. I've got an old ET3400A
      > (heathkit) with that feature and it makes entering programs much
      > easier. Also the keypress detection feature is a nifty enhancement
      > too. Nice work!
      >
      > These days with interfaces like Bob's general purpose I/O card or
      > serial connections to the PC hex pads don't seem to draw that much
      > attention however, I still don't mind keying in a page or two of HEX.
      >
      > Andrew
      >

      > --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "ted_rossin" <ted_rossin@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I found the VIP schematics and see that they did something very
      > > similar to me in that they use /EF3 to detect a key press. Cool. My
      > > non-standard keyboard is pretty much standard if the VIP is the
      > > standard.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic