5160Re: [cosmacelf] Re: Is there a Hex Keypad standard?

  • Dave Ruske
    Feb 2, 2007
      Right you are. The Netronics hex keyboard had no way of telling you
      when a digit was pressed unless it happened to be different than the
      last two key presses. The VIP's keyboard was much handier in this
      regard; as I recall, it was a scanned keyboard that signaled when a
      key was pressed. An advantage to the scheme was that you could also
      tell when multiple keys were pressed. (Disclaimer: I'm not real
      familiar with the VIP, so my memory could be a bit off. I can look it
      up later if you're interested, though.)

      Dave