2118Re: HP 5082-7640 Replacements

  • erd_6502
    May 5, 2004
      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, Mark Graybill <saundby@f...> wrote:
      > In the course of some other work, I learned that Agilent is still
      in
      > current production of Hexadecimal displays. The current part
      numbers
      > are as follows:
      > HDSP-0762 Red Hex display
      .
      .
      .
      > These are direct replacements for the 5082-7640 (at least the 0762
      > is)... The bad news on these parts is the price. In small
      > quantities they run about $30 apiece...

      Hex displays always were expensive. ISTR the ones I bought for my
      Quest Elf were at least $15 each in 1979.

      I've had luck with occasionally finding them on ePay. One auction had
      a lot with two HP 5082-7640s, four TIL-311s and a couple of DS1417s (4
      char ASCII displays as seen in the Rockwell AIM-65). I don't think I
      paid more than $30 for the entire set, incl. S&H. TIL-311s (or
      equivalents) are rather common to find. The HPs are the rarer ones.

      Still... it's nice to know that you can still find the original
      form-factor, though. Personally, I'd use TIL-311s in anything except
      a Popular Electronics design... they are slightly larger, easier to
      find, and, IIRC, have a seperate power input for the LEDs (for
      low-power designs)
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic