15181Floating Point Routines from Doctor Dobbs Journal

    Jul 16, 2014
      I got the copies from Lee Hart and scanned them as promised.  These might be good enough to OCR but as Lee says, it's probably not worth it.  The code will probably have to be puzzled out and debugged from the hex listings.

      http://olduino.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/14-07-09-ddj1.jpg

      http://olduino.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/14-07-09-ddj2.jpg

      http://olduino.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/14-07-09-ddj3.jpg

      As far as copyright goes, those early doctor dobbs issues explicitly allowed reprints.

      Of related interest, I picked up a copy of the book that the article cites as the source for the algorithms.  Dating from 1977 it has a variety of algorithms for 8 bit micros.  It would have been quite useful when I was doing the 32 bit integer and float routines for the compiler.

      http://www.amazon.com/Microprocessor-programming-computer-hobbyists-Graham/dp/0830679529/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=

      Bill Rowe
      Olduino - An Arduino For the First of Us
      www.olduino.wordpress.com