15171Re: [cosmacelf] 1802 floating point routines from Dr. Dobbs and other sources

  • Charles Richmond
    Jun 28, 2014
      On Jun 27, 2014, at 2:24 PM, bill rowe bill_rowe_ottawa@...
      [cosmacelf] wrote:

      > As a further aside, one of the DDJ issues I leafed through had an
      > article about "Falconer Floating Point" for the 8080. T here's a
      > substantial writeup about that on Herb's retro-technology web site
      > http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/float.html

      The "Falconer Floating Point" article in DDJ was written by Charles
      B. Falconer; the same man wrote the paper where I learned about the
      "Double-Dabble" algorithm for binary to decimal conversion (you can
      also use it to go from decimal to binary by "running it backward").
      Mr. Falconer once posted that there were a couple of small problems
      with the code in his floating point article. Perhaps the writeup on
      Herb's retro-tech web site covers that.

      |.....Charles and Francis Richmond.......|
      |..plano dot net at aquaporin4 dot com...|