15164Re: [cosmacelf] Re: Binary to WAV converter

  • Ray Sills
    Jun 25, 2014
      And... that is why with the VIP OS... you have to specify a load
      address for the cassette data. It's usually easier to simply keep
      track of how many "pages" of data need to be loaded, and start with
      address 0000. A lot of VIP apps use CHIP-8 located in 0000 to 01FF,
      with the
      CHIP-8 code starting at 0200... with however many pages are needed.
      I'd say that most users, when saving a CHIP-8 program simply dump the
      data from 0000 to the end of the CHIP-8 app and save as a single
      cassette file. CHIP-8 (most versions) fit in 512 bytes, so it hard
      makes the saved file large at all.

      73 de Ray

      On Jun 25, 2014, at 12:22 AM, joshbensadon@... [cosmacelf] wrote:

      > Hi Egan,
      >
      > The format is very simple....
      >
      > Logic 0 is 1 cycle of 2Khz
      > Logic 1 is 1 cycle of 800hz.
      >
      > The leader is about 4 seconds of 0's (kind of over kill)
      > Then the data bytes are sent one after another, no address
      > information.
      > A data byte starts with a "1" then the 8 bits (lsb first) followed
      > by a parity bit.
      > 10 bits per byte, each byte frame is consecutive..
      > The parity bit is such that the number of data bits will be even.
      > example.
      > 0x0F = 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
      > 0x10 = 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
      > 0xFF = 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0