14578Re: OT: The Most Minimal Homebrew Computer [feedly]

    Dec 6, 2013

      Ah yes, I did a project using a Philips 87LPC764, Low Pin Count chip.  Very nice chip.  That chip did a brute force decrypting of a 12bit encryption.  After rewriting the code for speed, it was able to decrypt in about 0.5 seconds, which was acceptable.

      What kind of ICE do you have?  I'm not really looking or need one, but if it looks cool and the price is right, perhaps we can strike a deal?

      ---In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, <kriceslo@...> wrote:

      Indeed, the 8x31 uC is a fantastic chip! There are literally hundreds of variants available that include built-in I2C, USB, DACs, ADCs, CANN, temperature sensors, and just about any interface need. There also exists very low pin count parts and low power parts. I happen to own a nice in-circuit emulator which (that I'd be willing to sell) which really makes development and debugging a breeze. The 8x31 is a superb platform for any embedded design and makes I/O easy and fun!