14097OT: Bad Names (was Re: Finally I have what I need...)

    Jun 3, 2013
      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "Jorgen Nordqvist" <jnord@...> wrote:

      > Terrible acronym but maybe STD was still called VD back then...
      >
      > As a young 20-something I was once was part of a project that implemented a
      > Payroll Management System (PMS). We never reflected upon the poor

      Did you know that the Chevy NOVA never sold very well in Spanish speaking countries? The literal translation of "NO VA" is "NO GO".

      Then there's the name of our 7th planet. Futurama made a joke about renaming it to "Myrectum" to stop the silly jokes.

      :)J
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic