13787Re: [cosmacelf] Re: Book Review: Programmer's Guide to the 1802

  • Charles Richmond
    May 2, 2013
      On May 2, 2013, at 11:08 AM, urrossum@... wrote:

      > > Looking forward to the book being available. Well it be
      > searchable? Adam
      >
      > Even if Mr. Swan simply scans the book, rather than printing the
      > original digital file to a virtual PDF printer, the more recent
      > versions of Adobe have gotten very good at OCR-ing the scanned
      > text. It's not quite accurate enough for source listings, but for
      > normal prose it's just fine. At that point, the document becomes
      > searchable.

      Searchable is nice... but this is the kind of book you'll want to
      *read* and *understand*! A few weeks ago I had access to a copy via
      interlibrary loan. The chapter which contains explanations of each
      instruction... has a very nice index so one can locate any particular
      instruction that one wants explained.

      |.....Charles and Francis Richmond.......|
      |..plano dot net at aquaporin4 dot com...|