11396Re: Hello all

  • eight_bit_jdrose
    Oct 29, 2012
      The Elf was a bit before my time. My first computer was a TRS-80 Model III. My second was an Atari 1040ST. If I recall correctly.

      I bought a couple of the 1802 Membership kits. So, really, my first kit computer will be an Elf. That is pretty cool. I am back home now and plan on building it after the storm passes. Probably start on Wednesday.

      Have not soldered anything in years and my eyes are not what they used to be. Should be an interesting challenge.

      Do you have any tips on programming the MC card through it's parallel port using a Vista Windows PC?

      --- In cosmacelf@yahoogroups.com, "leealanhart" <leeahart@...> wrote:

      > The 1802 ELF was my first computer. It taught me a lot, and I still
      > have fond memories of it.
      >
      > In 1980-87 I designed 1802 microcomputers for Technical Micro Systems
      > Inc. in Ann Arbor Michigan. Our 1802 computer was called a BASYS
      > board, and had up to 2k of RAM, 4k of ROM, serial, and parallel I/O.
      > Software included an IDIOT monitor program (like RCA's UT4), Tiny
      > BASIC, and 8TH (a tiny version of FORTH).
      >
      > I still have a VIP in my robot. It's patterned after Jeff Duntemann's
      > "Captain Cosmo's Whizbang" (must reading for 1802 fans :-)
      >
      > Are there any sources of downloadable 1802 software? I still have
      > source for the TMSI products. But I would like to find the BASIC for
      > the RCA VIP, and perhaps Tom Pittman's DOTS program for displaying
      > text with the 1861 video chip.

    • Show all 34 messages in this topic