Rnd 1713-Xanthus Defs.
- Here are 17 definitions for xanthus, one of which came from Webster's Unabridged, CD version.
Please vote for 2 by replying to this message. Voting will close at 6 P.M. PDT, Saturday, June 3, 2005, which is probably 0200, 03June2006 Greenwich Summer Time.
1. a Roman wine cup. [See illus.]
2. malocclusion caused by habitual grinding of the teeth.
3. a yellowish nodule behind the eye of a pig, frequently regarded as a delicacy.
4. a very dark honey made with pollen from black and dark bule tulips.
5. a crown made of fresh flowers.
6. a type of fig, found mainly in warm climates.
7. a tropical American tree having an irritating milky juice, a spiny trunk, and large woody seed capsules that split explosively when ripe.
8. the type genus of the family Xancidae.
9. a cuff or blow with the fist or hand.
10. a fire-breathing land-snail - invented by Jose-Farmer, originating from the defensive 'smoke' of ink used by squid etc.
11. a small yellow flower of the mint family.
12. a flowering plant of the Heliocanthus family, usually with blue flowers.
13. the forecourt or outer precinct of a Greek temple.
14. a genus of Old World decorative annual plants which includes the Nasturtium_X. majus_and the Canary creeper_X. peregrinum.
15. system of Chinese meditational exercises.
16. the long, prehensile tongue of an insect, esp. a moth or butterfly.
17. an inscribed stele, often memorial.
Go to it gang!!
Flattery is like chewing gum. Enjoy it, but don't swallow it.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- 6 and 17, because it adds to Twentythree. And that starts with a
capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for POOL.
-Rack'em up in River City.
#1 because of the smashing illustration
#8 because its obviously true and so opaque that it says absolutely nothing
All New Yahoo! Mail � Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html