an old family

  • czamafta
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 21, 2008
      Hi to all.
      My family left from Corsica during the French revolution and went to
      Constantinople, at those times, to hide. Is the family name Zamafta or
      de Zamafta, Corsican? Does enybody know?
      Thank you.
      Christina
    • christine zamafta
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 21, 2008
        hi there
        I know that my family left Corsica during the french revolution. They went to Constantinople to hide at those times. I wonder if the family name, is Corsican, Zamafta, or de Zamafta.
        My family will apreciate if we find something that conects us with our routs.
        Thank you.

      • nicosan68
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2008
          Hello Christina

          I've just been reading a book written in 1908 by a lady travelling in
          Corsica. In mentioning the innkeeper at Ghisonaccia she wrote 'The
          innkeeper knew his business well. He and his daughter had come from
          Constantine'. I presume this is Constantinople? Unfortunately she
          does not name him nor is there further information, not even the name
          of the inn, but a library local to Ghisonaccia may be able to help
          you identify whether there is a link.

          Good luck!

          Robert

          --- In corsicalista@yahoogroups.com, "czamafta" <czamafta@...> wrote:

          > Hi to all.
          > My family left from Corsica during the French revolution and went
          > Constantinople, at those times, to hide. Is the family name Zamafta
          or
          > de Zamafta, Corsican? Does enybody know?
          > Thank you.
          > Christina

        • Danielle De Fauw
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2008

            Hello Robert,

            The innkeeper and his daughter actually came from Algeria , where the city of Constantine is situated. The book sounds interesting. What is the title?

            Thank you,

            Danielle de Fauw

            Grosse Pointe, Michigan, USA

            I've just been reading a book written in 1908 by a lady travelling in
            Corsica . In mentioning the innkeeper at Ghisonaccia she wrote 'The
            innkeeper knew his business well. He and his daughter had come from
            Constantine ' . I presume this is Constantinople ? Unfortunately she
            does not name him nor is there further information, not even the name
            of the inn, but a library local to Ghisonaccia may be able to help
            you identify whether there is a link.

            Good luck!

            Robert

            --- In corsicalista@ yahoogroups. com, "czamafta" <czamafta@.. .> wrote:

            > Hi to all.
            > My family left from Corsica during the French revolution and went
            > Constantinople , at those times, to hide.
            Is the family name Zamafta
            or
            > de Zamafta, Corsican? Does enybody know?
            > Thank you.
            > Christina

          • nicosan68
            Message 5 of 6 , May 2, 2008
              Hi Danielle

              The book is 'Through Corsica with a paint brush' by Mrs E.R.
              Whitwell. Do you know of the innkeeper or his name?

              Robert

              --- In corsicalista@yahoogroups.com, "Danielle De Fauw"
              <danielledefauw@...> wrote:

              > Hello Robert,
              >

              > The innkeeper and his daughter actually came from Algeria, where
              the city of
              > Constantine is situated. The book sounds interesting. What is the
              title?

              > Thank you,
              >

              > Danielle de Fauw
              >
              > Grosse Pointe, Michigan, USA
              >

              > _____

            • christine zamafta
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2008

                Nicosan68

                Thank you for your kind interest

                My family left corsica during the french revolution, so it is very dificult to track that family after all these years. All the archives i have searched are after 1890. So.....

                But anyway thanks

                wrote:

                > Hi to all.
                > My family left from Corsica during the French revolution and went
                > Constantinople, at those times, to hide. Is the family name Zamafta
                or
                > de Zamafta, Corsican? Does enybody know?
                > Thank you.
                > Christina

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional