Request: self-catering accommodation

  • John E Richardson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2008
      Dear all,

      I am going to Corsica with my wife & mother-in-law this September. We would like to spend a week in the mountains near Vizzavona, but finding self-catering accommodation is proving a bit difficult. I'd really appreciate it if any of you know of a flat, house, villa, gite, etc to rent?..
      These are our requirements:
      - ideally two bedrooms, though only one is possible if there is also a bed settee.
      - ideally we'd like to be in Vizzavona, but the following villages are also possible: Bocognano, Tattone, Vivario, Muracciole, Vezzani, Santo-Pietro-di-Venaco, Casanova, Riventosa or even Corti, at a push.
      - any other facilities (e.g. TV, radio, DVD, pool!!) a bonus, but not a requirement.

      Any suggestions would be *greatly* appreciated!

      best wishes
      John

    • DTB92760@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2008
        John,

        The following website has been helpful to me in the past when searching for accommodations in Corsica.

        I hope it will assist you in your search.

        Dorian

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2008
          Dear Dorian,

          thanks for the quick reply.
          I've actually tried Gite de France already - but I only searched their Central Corsica region, forgetting that they may list Bocognano as part of 'le Grand Ajaccio'.
          I'll try again
          Any other suggestions from anyone?..

          all the best

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 7, 2008

            Hi John

            www.holidayrentals.co.uk

            Is usually quite good, used them 3 or 4 times (not just on Corsica ) and always been pleased.  Not sure if they have anything in the area you’re looking for.

            Alternatively why don’t you go to the Corsica Isula site and look for links to accommodation there http://www.corsica-isula.com/

            Hope these ideas help.

            Kind regards

            Carol

            Carol Hanson

            gbb Ltd

            T: +44 (0) 1462 456622

            F: +44 (0) 208 965 7703

            M: +44 (0) 7971 638896

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 8, 2008
              Dear Carol,

              thanks for the suggestion.
              One interesting thing about this site: they have given Corsica to Italy! Hold the cursor over the island on this map....

              best wishes
              John