Any advice on Pinarello or Santa Giulia for a 1 week holiday in September 2008

  • Janette Humphries
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9, 2007
      I am looking for some advice on whether to stay at Pinarello or Santa
      Giulia next year for a relaxing week's holiday. Is there more or less
      to do at each of these locations and is one beach better than the other?

      Many thanks
    • jk delara
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 9, 2007
        Pinarello is far inland near the Figari airport, Santa Giulia is near the
        hot spotof Porto Vechio on the water

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 9, 2007
          Hi Janette
          Perhaps you mean Pinarellu which is a beach north of Porto Vecchio?
          This is very beautiful and while it is 8 years since I was there (Sept
          99) I would suggest that it is possible quieter and more relaxing than
          Santa Guilia.

          Santa Guilia is very beautiful, the bay is very shallow so great for
          learning various watersports and very safe for children - you don't
          mention if you have children or will be travelling in peak times? We
          first visited in '99 and were amazed at how beautiful it was but going
          back in 2004 out of season, I was very sad to see that it is an area
          already becoming very developed with potential for more property to be
          built. I would say that it has the potential to become hideously
          over-crowed.

          Kind regards
          Carol

          Carol Hanson
          E: carol@...
          Pinarello is far inland near the Figari airport, Santa Giulia is near
          the
          hot spotof Porto Vechio on the water

          I am looking for some advice on whether to stay at Pinarello or Santa
          Giulia next year for a relaxing week's holiday. Is there more or less
          to do at each of these locations and is one beach better than the other?

          Many thanks

          More photos; more messages; more storage-get 5GB with Windows Live
          Hotmail.
          http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migr
          ation_HM_mini_2G_0507

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • briangeo1
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 9, 2007
            Hi Janette

            Having travelled Corsica pretty extensively, the Porto
            Vechio/Bonifacio region is the best in terms of beaches,
            countryside, towns/villages, ambiance, food, wine, eating-
            out/entertainment etc etc!

            Santa Giulia and Pinarello are extremes, and no Pinarello is no where
            near Figari. Santa Guilia is a built up bay, great if you want lots
            going on and lots of people, and yes beach is OK; white sand, clear
            blue seas etc etc, but it's busy! Pinarello on the other hand has an
            equally great beach, but less built up, with some good beachside
            hotels and restaurants, although somewhat 'gentile' but it does
            have annual Blues and Jazz weeks! Better beaches are San Cyprianu and
            Palombaggio and yes Porto Vecchio is great, old town, not harbour
            with some of th best bars and restaurants in Sud Corse! - Visit Le
            Oriou wine bar/shop just past main square for a culinary journey
            through Corsica!

            Oh by the way how do I know? Been going to Corsica for 20 years and
            have a villa in Ferraghjolu - between Pinarello and San Cyprianu!

            So best advice avoid Santa Guilia!

            Enjoy

            Brian George

            --- In corsicalista@yahoogroups.com, "jk delara" <jkdelara@...> wrote:

            > Pinarello is far inland near the Figari airport, Santa Giulia is
            near the
            > hot spotof Porto Vechio on the water

          • Paul Boynton
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 9, 2007
              Hi Janette, just to narrow it down a bit what do you call a relaxing
              holiday, lazing on the beach, walking in the mountains ? I'm sure the
              corsicalista members can give you the benefit of many years of holidaying in
              Corsica. The beaches around St Giulia are beautiful whether you go north or
              south. The whole area is covered with white sandy beaches with lovely clear
              blue water and you are not far from the Ospendale forest inland with some
              great relaxing walks and lots of waterfalls. Can't find Pinarello????

              Paul

              >From: "Janette Humphries" <janette.humphries@...>
              >To: corsicalista@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [corsicalista] Any advice on Pinarello or Santa Giulia for a 1
              >week holiday in September 2008
              >Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:57:09 -0000
              >
              >I am looking for some advice on whether to stay at Pinarello or Santa
              >Giulia next year for a relaxing week's holiday. Is there more or less
              >to do at each of these locations and is one beach better than the other?
              >
              >Many thanks

            • waterwoman

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 9, 2007
                  It looks like Pinarello is north of Porto Vechio.  If you are in st. giulia you'll find it easier to go to bonifacio (which I love) and to cut across figari to head over to rocapina beach.  Plus you'll be closer to the other beaches I just mentioned.  North of Porto Vechio I like  Canella beach, but I am super picky so it depends what is most important to you.