Hello Everybody

  • corsicandetective
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 17 6:01 PM
      I'm a new member to this group. Wanted to touch base with all who are
      Corsican and to say Hello.
    • DTB92760@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21 8:11 AM
        Welcome to the group...
        From your e-mail address, you must be in New York City?
        My great grandparents came through Ellis Island from Corsica before the turn of the century and many relatives are still in New York and New Jersey.
        Where in Corsica is your family from?

        Dorian

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 23 10:42 AM
          Hello Mac, Dorian and hello everybody,

          Nice to meet with all of you. Just wanted to introduce myself and say
          how impressed I am by the richness of the texts published on the
          "Corsica Bulletinu" !
          I am a French writer with Corsican origins. I've been working on
          American art and literatures and I am now writing a book on the
          American painter James McNeill Whistler. He sojourned and painted in
          Ajaccio in 1901.
          Would anyone of you have information on the subject or heard of any
          other American artist or writer who would have travelled in Corsica
          during this period ? Any suggestion, any recommandation is welcome.
          Many thanks for your help.

          Best wishes,

          Jocelyne Rotily

          Le 21 mars 07, à 16:11, DTB92760@... a écrit :

          > Welcome to the group...
          > From your e-mail address, you must be in New York City?
          > My great grandparents came through Ellis Island from Corsica before
          > the turn of the century and many relatives are still in New York and
          > New Jersey.
          > Where in Corsica is your family from?
          >
          > Dorian

        • waterwoman
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 24 5:51 PM
            Sounds interesting.  I wish I could help.
            I live in LA and usually go to Paris and Corsica each summer.  What in the American arts were you working on?
            Bon Chance!
            Marina

            Jocelyne Rotily <r.jocelyne@...> wrote:
            Hello Mac, Dorian and hello everybody,

            Nice to meet with all of you. Just wanted to introduce myself and say
            how impressed I am by the richness of the texts published on the
            "Corsica Bulletinu" !
            I am a French writer with Corsican origins. I've been working on
            American art and literatures and I am now writing a book on the
            American painter James McNeill Whistler. He sojourned and painted in
            Ajaccio in 1901.
            Would anyone of you have information on the subject or heard of any
            other American artist or writer who would have travelled in Corsica
            during this period ? Any suggestion, any recommandation is welcome.
            Many thanks for your help.

            Best wishes,

            Jocelyne Rotily

            Le 21 mars 07, à 16:11, DTB92760@... a écrit :

            > Welcome to the group...
            > From your e-mail address, you must be in New York City?
            > My great grandparents came through Ellis Island from Corsica before
            > the turn of the century and many relatives are still in New York and
            > New Jersey.
            > Where in Corsica is your family from?
            >
            > Dorian

            Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.