Re: [corsicalista] Re: Genealogy information

  • Shirley and Jeff white
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2006
      Thank you for your interest. All we have is the family bible to go on. The
      story goes that atwo of his ?Aunts were carmelite nuns in France curing the
      revilolution and the family fled france when these two were guillotined at
      Compaire. I the researched the story of the Compeigne nuns and found there were
      two sisters who were involved with the convent and were guillotined.
      We dont obviously know what side of the family was involved with the moved to
      Corsica. The fact that Dominic Bianchi was a family friend and we have his
      citizenship note in Australia, where he gave his birth as being from Bastia,
      Corsica. We are not even sure how they all came to Australia. We do know that
      our GGGrandfather was here in1879, for that was when he married Dinah
      Macdougall.
      It is indeed an interesting story.
      I will make contact with the embassy to see what information they have or can
      lead me to.
      Thank You so much.
      shirley White

      Shirley and Jeff White