Re: Corsicalista - St Georges mineral water?

  • Euphemia Uvick
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2006
      Hello to all.

      I was wondering if we can buy the mineral water ST
      GEORGES in the US?
      If anyone knows about it, please let me know.

      Thank you
      Pheme

      (http://voice.yahoo.com)
    • DTB92760@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
        At least in our area, Denver, we have not been able to find St. Georges.
        My neighbor, who is from around Ajaccio, shops in most of the "specialty" grocery stores and has not run across St. Georges.  In fact, she brings a couple of bottles home with her each year.
        Maybe some of the Corsica Lista people that live around New York have found it in their area.

        Dorian
      • pheme33
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
          --- In corsicalista@yahoogroups.com, DTB92760@... wrote:

          > At least in our area, Denver, we have not been able to find St. Georges.
          > My neighbor, who is from around Ajaccio, shops in most of the "specialty"
          > grocery stores and has not run across St. Georges. In fact, she brings a
          > couple of bottles home with her each year.
          > Maybe some of the Corsica Lista people that live around New York have found
          > it in their area.
          >
          > Dorian

          Thank you Dorian,

          I just return from my trip and I brought some with me.
          I shall try to phone in Corsica at their office to know if they sell it.
          I like this water it is very good, I only find Volvic here where I live which is better than
          nothing from France, but St Georges has a better taste and has no nitrate.
          Do you know any shop in the US that specialize in Corsican food ?
          I always wanted to find some Cedrat.
          Thank you again and have a pleasant evening.
          Cheerio
          Pheme
        • melgracomsr32@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
            for your info,  a couple of months ago, i was informed that a company of new jersey was already involved on process to be the distributor for st georges mineral water from corsica ,  there is no verification to this news yet.  ??
                from=
              melgracomsr32@...           = orl/fl =      =   corsicalista=
          • pheme33
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
              --- In corsicalista@yahoogroups.com, melgracomsr32@... wrote:

              > for your info, a couple of months ago, i was informed that a company of new
              > jersey was already involved on process to be the distributor for st georges
              > mineral water from corsica , there is no verification to this news yet. ??
              > from=
              > melgracomsr32@... = orl/fl = = corsicalista=

              Thank you for your email.
              Do you have the phone number or website of this company?
              Thank you again.
              Pheme
            • melgracomsr32@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
                dear =Pheme 33@...=corsicalista yahoo.com=
                    FROM=
                nov/03/2006     orl/fl    melgracomsr32@...

                   For your information, as per a mssg on internet, There is a USA company based in New Jersey that was already in the process for the distribution of this corsican water and they said it will soon be on NJ  stores shelves.    This news was about two months ago, and it can take time to meet all USA import requirements of the laws and to have a building for storage and process plus offices , equipment and employees, state govt and fed govt permits, and agencies that handle health safety of all products ,  if they already had started , still may need more time , i am sure when it is all done, we may hear about it somehow.

                THE ONLY NAME  THAT WAS GIVEN ,  for Brand name or maybe the company name,  was    OREZZA .         THE MSSG . was a short one and did not have or gave to much information at that time.   May be the NEW JERSEY STATE DEPT. MAY BE ABLE TO HAVE INFORMATION ON A COMPANY WITH THAT NAME , OR YOU MAY be able to check it out on the internet yellow pages .  If i hear from it again i will pass it to you via corsicalista,   since i do use good water and many had said that CORSICA  water is excellent.   Maybe this company have other products also and will be the distributors for NJ  or maybe for all the states and territories or the USA .          please check it out under   =  OREZZA  =
                GOOD LUCK AND THANK YOU.         mgc
              • john minos
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
                  Greetings,
                  How ironic (for me) that interest in Corsican water is surfacing. I live in NY and made attempts to import the water of Orezza. Unfortunately, a company in NJ beat me to it. I do not have the name of this company, but I understand that they are involved in specialty foods. The U.S. agencies were in fact making it difficult for Orezza to receive approval. The process started about one year ago, if not more. I can say that Orezza water is top notch & has been recognized as one of the most iron-rich mineral waters in the world.
                  Well, I certainly will send an email if I get more info.
                  Here's a little story you may appreciate... while a child living in Paris in the late 40's, I had developed a severe rash which could not be treated with any available creams or medication. Then on a summer vacation to Corsica (my mother is Corsican), I was taken to the mountains for a mineral bath cure. A few days later  I was free of all rashes. Of course, I don't remember any of it, but my Corsican family never fails to tell the story.
                  To be continued ...
                  John

                  nov/03/2006     orl/fl    melgracomsr32@ aol.com