Carides surname

  • Aline Andreanidis
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi several months ago I wrote to the group thinking I had decendants from Corsica (a mistaken name).  I did trace my father's paternal line to the Canary Islands.  I'm trying to do some research on my mother's side and came across an unusual name on her dad's side "Carides" would be my maternal great grandmother's surname.  Have you heard of this name?  I've come across this name on ancestry and about a handful of  people with this surname live in Puerto Rico - although there are many greeks with this surname.  Anyone know if this was a corsican, spanish or greek name?

      Thanks, Aline

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • mary haritos