Corsican Emigration to Puerto Rico in 1800"s

  • Ivan Negron
    Message 1 of 14 , May 20, 2012
      Greetins! I am a desendant of Corsican Inmigrants that came to Puerto Rico in the early 1800"s.And im looking for information on my last name(Franceschini) Right now i am working as a musician in a Royal  Caribean cruise ship and we go to Ajjacio every week. If anybody has further info on this subject please let me know!
    • maccorsica
      Message 2 of 14 , May 20, 2012
        Ivan,

        I suggest you contact these guys:

        http://association_rhfc_genealogie.pagesperso-orange.fr/accueil.htm

        I am afraid that they tend to communicate in French.

        Kind Regards

        Mac
      • francisco ortiz
        Message 3 of 14 , May 20, 2012
          my desendent came from Corsican to Yauco Puerto Rico last name Feliberti  family

          Greetins! I am a desendant of Corsican Inmigrants that came to Puerto Rico in the early 1800"s.And im looking for information on my last name(Franceschini) Right now i am working as a musician in a Royal  Caribean cruise ship and we go to Ajjacio every week. If anybody has further info on this subject please let me know!

        • Lee Orlandi
          Message 4 of 14 , May 20, 2012
            my relatives live in ajjacio.  while most of them do not know personally; my family name,(ORLANDI), is well known there: you might enquire of them as to your ancestors.  you might be surprised how easy it is to find your roots.  bon chance!; y buena suerte!
            Lee Orlandi

            To: corsicalista@yahoogroups.com
            From: musicaenlata@...
            Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 13:12:28 -0700

            Greetins! I am a desendant of Corsican Inmigrants that came to Puerto Rico in the early 1800"s.And im looking for information on my last name(Franceschini) Right now i am working as a musician in a Royal  Caribean cruise ship and we go to Ajjacio every week. If anybody has further info on this subject please let me know!

          • Lucy Aponte
            Message 5 of 14 , May 21, 2012
              My great grandfather came from Corsica in the 1800's. Last name is Benedetty. I was unable to find his information in the 1920's census, although I found my

              grandmother (his daughter), Lucia Benedetty. She married an Aponte from Marin Mayaguez. He died young, so I never met him. I have a photo of my great grandfather

              Benedettyand my grandmother. Anyone know where Benedettys came from? Is it a common name? Was it changed from Benedetti?

              Thanks,
              Lucy Aponte
            • norma feliberti
              Message 6 of 14 , May 21, 2012
                Francisco

                From which Feliberti do you descend?

                Norma Feliberti

                Message 7 of 14 , May 21, 2012
                  I desend not from Feliberti but from Franceschini and they also stablished in Yauco.

                  my desendent came from Corsican to Yauco Puerto Rico last name Feliberti  family
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 21, 2012
                    Greetings to a fellow Puertorican-Corsican.  I have traced my Corsican family roots to the northern part of Corsica around Calvi.  Most of the Corsicans who settled in Puerto Rico came from the north of Corsica not around Ajaccio.

                    My family name is Villarini and they live in Juncos and Yauco, Puerto Rico.  Many Corsican families made their fortunes in Puerto Rico as coffee and sugar cane farmers and consequently returned to Corsica.  But others, stayed in Puerto Rico and intermarried with Spanish families.

                    Good luck with your search.  I found  a lot of good genealogy information on ancestry.com

                    Saludos,

                    Awilda
                  • wfumero
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 24, 2012
                      --- In corsicalista@yahoogroups.com, "William & Alwilda Edger"
                      <wfedgar@...> wrote:

                      > Greetings to a fellow Puertorican-Corsican. I have traced my Corsican
                      family roots to the northern part of Corsica around Calvi. Most of the
                      Corsicans who settled in Puerto Rico came from the north of Corsica not
                      around Ajaccio.

                      > My family name is Villarini and they live in Juncos and Yauco, Puerto
                      Rico. Many Corsican families made their fortunes in Puerto Rico as
                      coffee and sugar cane farmers and consequently returned to Corsica. But
                      others, stayed in Puerto Rico and intermarried with Spanish families.

                      > Good luck with your search. I found a lot of good genealogy
                      information on ancestry.com

                      > Saludos,
                      >
                      > Awilda

                      Hello Awilda:

                      My grandfather or great-grandfather immigrated to Puerto Rico from
                      Corsica. The surnames I have are Santiago and Felippi, and that's all I
                      know.

                      You said you got a lot of good information on ancestry.com.
                      Unfortunately, I have found very little. Any sites that you could
                      provide me would be great.

                      I chose to write to you because my name is Awilda too. Do you know if
                      Awilda was a Corsican name? Whose knows, we may be related.

                      Any information you can provide me would be very much appreciated.
                      Thanking you.

                      Awilda
                    • francisco ortiz
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 26, 2012
                        My great grandfather his name Antonio Feliberti lived in Yauco Puerto Rico.

                      • drmdeng@yahoo.es
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 26, 2012
                          Antonio Feliberti married to whom.? Most probably were are related.
                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                          From: francisco ortiz <pacoortiz46@...>
                          Sender: corsicalista@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 12:17:00 -0700 (PDT)
                          To: <corsicalista@yahoogroups.com>
                          ReplyTo: corsicalista@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 1, 2012
                            my grandmother name is Carmen Feliberti was born in Yauco Puerto Rico,on 10/171894. Her mother name is Maria Feliberti Lopez and her grandparents names are Victor Feliberti Rodriguez and Evangelista Lopez Camacho. They are mine father relatives.

                            my desendent came from Corsican to Yauco Puerto Rico last name Feliberti  family

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 1, 2012
                              Francisco

                              My GGrandfather Manuel was Maria;s brother. In fact my older cousins called her Tia Maria
                              There is a long line of Manuels in my family, Manuel my grandfather, my father and then my brothers.

                              If possible would like to email you if possible and get to now more on this side of the family.

                              Norma