Hello!

  • Heidi Woodham
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2012
      I'm Heidi. I'm American but I currently live in England. I'm visiting Corsica on 5th April 2012 as a day stop on a cruise.

      This sounds very strange, but I need some help! We will be porting in Ajaccio and I've already got a plan of what to do for the day, however, I need to know if there is any place I can hire some bicycles for a few hours in this town, or even stranger... is there anyone who can give 4 people (2 adults and a 2 children) a lift to Marinella Beach for about 30 minutes?

      We do Geocaching... and there is one hidden at this place and it's the closest one to the port. We can't realistically walk as the maps say it is almost 4 miles from the port. That would be too far with kids.

      If anyone can recommend a cycle company, or be able to provide a lift and wait for 30 minutes (I will pay 10 Euros if that helps), then I would GREATLY appreciate the help in finding our first cache on Corsica!

      If you want to know exactly what I am talking about please visit www dot geocaching dot com and that will explain what we are trying to do!

      I am not an advertiser for the site, I am a genuine person trying to get some assitance in transporation to a cache site.

      Many many thanks
      Heidi
    • Elizabeth Raikes
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2012

        Dear Heidi

        I hope you have a fantastic time.  The road to Marinella from Ajaccio is very popular and there are a lot of buses.  I am not sure what time your boat gets in but the tourism office is very close to the port where the big cruise liners dock and they would know about bicycles and the buses.  Head towards the market and it is in the road that runs the other side of the market and parallel to the road running at right angles to the port.

        Best wishes

        Elizabeth Raikes