Corsica for Christmas

  • louisascott@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2009
      I want to meet my daughter and son-in-law somewhere half way between Ohio and Maputo, Mozambique, for Christmas next December. I want someplace that is somewhat warm with wonderful things to do and places to explore. Is Corsica the place for me? Is there one part of the island that is warmer in December than others? We know Hawaii and the eleven of thirteen climates that exist there so I know the wind and elevation make a big difference. Thanks for any help or suggestions. Places to stay would be nice to hear also. There will be 5 of us as our son wants to come along also. Go figure ! Thanks, Louisa
    • Andy Miller
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 13, 2009
        Louisa

        Average *maximum* daily temperatures for December are 14 degrees
        centigrade with average rainfall of 98mmm. So probably warmer than
        Ohio but not warm warm. IIRC Corsica is on approximately the same
        latitude as Washington. I'm guessing you want somewhere nearer the
        Equator.

        Andy Miller