local tax

  • anitahashtrudi
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2008
      Can any of our fellow Corsican travellers explain when we arrive in
      Ajaccio airport car hire we are required to pay 6 euros a day "local
      tax".. and yet if we arrive in Figari airport car hire there is no such
      request...surely it should be either or throughout the island??
      Anita Hashtrudi
    • Andy Miller
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2008
        The tax is levied by and goes to the local council? (Corsica has three levels of local government - the commune/town/city, the département and the region as a whole).

        Andy Miller