Corn Heating Prices Escape Escalation

  • shelledcorn
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
      When the clocks spring forward
      corn prices spring upward. We readily
      curtail corn heat during the summer

      At farm harvest time, corn prices fall back
      Corn prices tank in the winter heating season
      $11/bu spring seed corn falls to $5 in the Fall
      Corn heat cost less. Corn price is one reason
      Farms sell corn direct at wholesale for corn stoves

      The US farm energizes the energy equation
      92% of Americans farmed when the population was small
      Corn provided farms with energy for horsepower and mules
      Critics ignorantly complain that food is not energy
      but then why do they continue to eat food for energy?
      and spend more for pet food than for corn stove heat?

      9% of Americans now farm to feed the globe with plenty
      Now during a period of global food and energy galore
      Distribution of food & energy is disturbed by governments
      Governments disrupt food and energy distribution for political profit
      and gain
      to private, family, social, religious and public distain
    • millennium1000@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 15, 2009
        Easily compare corn prices with gasoline
        $5/bu corn equals $0.50/gal for corn - divide by ten
        10 liquid gallons or 8 solid gallons equals one bushel
        At 50/56#/bu, $5/bu corn equals 9-10c/pound - divide by 50