Corn Stove Control Of Relative Humidity

  • yellowcorvette4
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 24, 2008
      The HVAC man wants to know how to control relative humidity in the
      dry arrid dessert of Arizona. With mixed results, he tried using a
      humidifier. My guess is, there was also a de-humidifier in the
      basement or downstairs room. Technically, neither humidifiers and
      dehumidifiers will work with more than depressing results in a house
      with swinging set point temperature control. The RH will swing wildly
      each time the HVAC actuates. The amount of RH swing as temp swings is
      shown on a psychrometric chart.

      It is well worth the wait to pull up and print out the seldom seen
      psychrometric chart posted in the files on the cornstoves site:
      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EASySOcdZk-
      2idSfNXvb_HJykX9vwkrMSNfkeJEu_3C5XP-
      VsBJaukjjaUda_yUkI8SrLuvuqvCoXJxPt2Ymgw/CornStovePsychoChart.doc

      The psycho chart does not indicate one is going psycho. Perhaps the
      name was assigned to be descriptive about the lack of control one has
      over room moisture unless one has precise control over temperature.
      The human body will feel best at near 50% RH. High humidity can be
      humiliating, sticky, and clammy. If the sheets spark when you
      regress, the air is too dry. Skin contact or close proximity can
      produce shocking results and cause the hair to stand on end at low %RH

      --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "millennium1000"
      <millennium1000@...> wrote:

      > For a corn stove, The partial pressure due to moisture is
      constantly
      > pushing excess moisture outside because the corn stove never goes
      off
      > and back on again.
      > That same moisture would creep back inside every cycle for a heat
      > pump, electric heater, or wood stove that goes off or allows temp
      > dye down. Insulation Inside the wall never gets dry. The moisture
      > only gets pushed around but remains.
      >
      > The steady heat of a corn stove provides constant high partial
      > pressure of moisture so the corn stove is the only heat that is
      > always pushing moisture outside and not allow moisture to return.
      The
      > RH can be controlled by bumping temp one degree for each three
      > percent desired in RH change.
      >
      > When the temp cycles down, the partial pressure of water vapor is
      > greater outside than inside. The greater partial pressure pushes
      the
      > moisture back into the insulation inside the wall. The vapor
      barrier
      > prevents moisture from passing through and actually keeps the
      > pressure from drying out insulation inside the wall.
      >

      > > The two major gas equations in control can not be altered:
      > >
      > > 1. PV=MRT, pressure x volume equals mass x a gas constant (R) x
      > > temperature (Rankine degrees)
      > >
      > > 2. P total = p1 + p2 + p3 + p4 + pz
      > > The total pressure is equal the sum of the partial pressures.
      > > If the oxygen remains at 21% by volume as it does and the
      relative
      > > humidity increases, the partial pressure of the oxygen will
      > decrease
      > > making breathing increasingly difficult.
      > > Likewise, at higher altitudes, the total atmospheric pressure
      > > declines, the partial pressure of the 21% oxygen will decline
      > making
      > > breathing increasingly difficult.
      > >
      > > The corn stove can be adjusted for a steady 50% RH, making
      > breathing
      > > effortless, safe, healthy and comfortable at all altitudes and
      > > barometric pressures even though the ambient temperature may be
      > > slightly different from norm or a storm may be brewing on the
      > horizon.
      > >
      > > Please note that at 50% RH, there is little loss in heat from the
      > > room even if the room is leaky. Dry air carries little heat even
      > if
      > > it leaks outside. Rooms with high humidity are hard to heat.
      > Water
      > > holds more heat than air. Heat loss is heavy from a room with
      high
      > > relative humidity. The electric company loves high humidity.
      > >
      > > The average global temperature dropped 1.5 deg F in a single
      > > > year.> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tambora
      > > > During the past 150 years the CO2 level has increased 1.4 ppmw
      > per
      > > > year average. CO2 increased from 368 ppmw to 382 ppmw in the
      past
      > > > seven years(2000-2007, 14 ppmw increase, 2 ppmw avg).
      > > Earth temp has been cooler at 0.2 to 0.3 deg C

    • wind solar
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 10, 2008
        The recent Surge in energy prices, electricity, gasoline, propane,
        butane, kerosene no 2 heating fuel oil has the body temperature up big
        time. The global energy catastrophe represents big bucks for DOE but
        makes fawn of avg joe.

        --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "Hydro Wind Solar"
        <biomassenergy@...> wrote:

        > Global atmosphere is influenced more by a single active 1816 volcano
        > eruption across the globe in Indonesia than by all other combined
        > historical events.
        > \
      • solarwindy
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 10, 2008
          Corn is $0.50/gallon, not $3-5/gallon like heating fuel and
          electricity. Ten liquid gallons per bushel make the math easy. Odds
          are, corn may soon be back to $0.20/gallon at the farm price.

          --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "Cornstoves" <haclift@...> wrote:
          > Eruption of a volcano in Tomboro, Indonesia resulted in "The year
          > without a summer" (1816). Corn prices reportedly reached $5/bu to
          > $10/bu. The average global temperature dropped 1.5 deg F in a single
          > year. Massive crop failure globally resulted from summer frost and
          > freezing temperatures.
        • yellowcorvette4
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 30, 2009
            The millions of blackouts and trillions of bailouts will fuel US
            energy prices beyond the digits on the blackberry. Utilities are
            government monopolies. Monopolies make profits good times and bad.
            Government monopolies make good times bad for the few who pay massive
            prices for the masses.
            --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "wind solar" <wind.solar@...> wrote:

            > The recent Surge in energy prices, electricity, gasoline, propane,
            > butane, kerosene no 2 heating fuel oil has the body temperature up big
            > time. The global energy catastrophe represents big bucks for DOE but
            > makes fawn of avg joe.
            >

            > --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "Hydro Wind Solar"
            > <biomassenergy@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Global atmosphere is influenced more by a single active 1816 volcano
            > > eruption across the globe in Indonesia than by all other combined
            > > historical events.
            > > \

          • tennesseecornstoves
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 12, 2009
              Utility bill holding steady in winter. Rises slightly for summer a/c.
              --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "yellowcorvette4"
              <yellowcorvette4@...> wrote:

              > The millions of blackouts and trillions of bailouts will fuel US
              > energy prices beyond the digits on the blackberry. Utilities are
              > government monopolies. Monopolies make profits good times and bad.
              > Government monopolies make good times bad for the few who pay
              massive
              > prices for the masses.
              > --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "wind solar" <wind.solar@> wrote:
              > >
              > > The recent Surge in energy prices, electricity, gasoline,
              propane,
              > > butane, kerosene no 2 heating fuel oil has the body temperature
              up big
              > > time. The global energy catastrophe represents big bucks for DOE
              but
              > > makes fawn of avg joe.
              > >

              > > --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "Hydro Wind Solar"
              > > <biomassenergy@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Global atmosphere is influenced more by a single active 1816
              volcano
              > > > eruption across the globe in Indonesia than by all other
              combined
              > > > historical events.
              > > > \

            • tennesseecornstoves
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 20 9:37 PM
                EPA approved the Carbon tax which is estimated to increase the average utility bill by $100 per month. Utilities must also incur clean up cost to prevent spills like TVA recently reported. A 30% monthly utility increase is estimated to protect future spills. All utilities will be required to comply.

                --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "tennesseecornstoves" <tennesseecornstoves@...> wrote:

                > Utility bill holding steady in winter. Rises slightly for summer a/c.
                > --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "yellowcorvette4"
                > <yellowcorvette4@> wrote:
                > >
                > > The millions of blackouts and trillions of bailouts will fuel US
                > > energy prices beyond the digits on the blackberry. Utilities are
                > > government monopolies. Monopolies make profits good times and bad.
                > > Government monopolies make good times bad for the few who pay
                > massive
                > > prices for the masses.
                > > --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "wind solar" <wind.solar@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > The recent Surge in energy prices, electricity, gasoline,
                > propane,
                > > > butane, kerosene no 2 heating fuel oil has the body temperature
                > up big
                > > > time. The global energy catastrophe represents big bucks for DOE
                > but
                > > > makes fawn of avg joe.
                > > >

                > > > --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "Hydro Wind Solar"

                > volcano
                > combined

              • Betty Guinn
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 21 2:52 AM
                  Hi Henry I believe we are going to get the cornstove next monthI am not sure but I'm counting on it,talk to you later

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 22 10:16 PM
                    Hi Henry,
                    I believe we are going to get the cornstove next month. I am not sure but I'm counting on it. Talk to you later.
                    Congratulations!! I hope so too. Glad you got the computer up and running again. Keep up the good work.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 23 3:15 AM
                      Hi Henry I want to ask you a question on the site can you advertise other things on it do you have to pay to put anything on it. Just want to know thanks bettyguinn@...

                      target=_blank>ps.com, "tennesseecornstove s" <tennesseecornstove s@...> wrote:Utility bill holding steady in winter. Rises slightly for summer a/c.