Corn Cost $5/bu-$10/bu in 1817

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 9, 2008
      Eruption of a volcano in Tomboro, Indonesia resulted in "The year
      without a summer" (1816). Corn prices reportedly reached $5/bu to
      $10/bu. The average global temperature dropped 1.5 deg F in a single
      year. Massive crop failure globally resulted from summer frost and
      freezing temperatures. Multiple colored snow fell across England and
      the US including New York. The Indonesian volcano predetermined
      global infamy for the aniversary April 15 (Income tax dead line).
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tambora

      Corn production responds favorably with increased CO2.
      Corn plant growth quickly converts CO2 to oxygen.
      During the past 150 years the CO2 level has increased 1.4 ppmw per
      year average. CO2 increased from 368 ppmw to 382 ppmw in the past
      seven years(2000-2007, 14 ppmw increase, 2 ppmw avg).

      Corn yields responded as follows.
      10-20 bu/acre Corn Yield per acre 150 yrs ago
      15-35 bu/acre Corn Yield per acre 100 yrs ago
      50 bu/acre corn yield in 1960
      80 bu/acre corn yield in 1980
      100 bu/acre corn yield in 1990
      200 bu/acre corn yield in 2000
      300 bu/acre corn yield recorded in 2007

      The little ice age is dated around 1600.
      Global temperature increase in cycles every 50 years closely followed
      by exact replicated changes in CO2 levels.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

      The recent global temp cycle years are:
      1816-1866 0.2 to 0.4 below reference
      1866-1910 0.2 to 0.4 change during the cycle
      1910-1960 0.2 to 0.4 change during the cycle
      1960-1998 0.2 to 0.4 above reference
      1998-2007 0.2 to 0.4 below previous max
      After 2007 - no data available yet

      Corn grows faster with increased levels of CO2. Possibly most plants
      respond accordingly however, corn was chosen for testing purposes in
      order to accurately record results. In a controlled green house
      atmosphere, Corn produces results in 4 months rather than 40 years
      for an uncontrollable test tree plot.
      Corn is calculated to convert six times more CO2 to oxygen than an
      equal acreage of trees.

      Scientific estimate of what affects global temp change:
      36-70% - water vapor
      9-26% - CO2 is converted to O2 by plants. Plants grow faster with
      increased CO2 but plants also grow very slow at cold winter temps.
      Plants, CO2, and Temperature work together to control the oxygen
      level at precisely 21% for humans to breathe. At high altitudes, 21%
      oxygen is a little thin to support heavy human work.
      4-9% - methane gas CH4
      3-7% - ozone, lightning, wind, volcanos, particulate, static
      electrical charges

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 20, 2008
        Global atmosphere is influenced more by a single active 1816 volcano
        eruption across the globe in Indonesia than by all other combined
        historical events.

        Corn crops grow with increased production as local temperature and
        CO2 increase. In warm climates, some corn crops produce two crops
        annually rotated with winter wheat. Colder climates only produce one
        crop annually.

        Water vapor exerts the most influence (75%) on global temperature. As
        temperature swings, the CO2 is influenced at 3% to 20%. As
        temperature declines, plants convert less CO2 to oxygen but the 21%
        atmospheric oxygen for human health is neither conformised in winter
        nor by smog in summer nor by heavy particulate in the atmosphere.
        Plants don't grow very fast in winter time. A hibernating bear will
        breathe you faster when suddenly awaken.

        The increased number of local Humans need warm local climates to
        assist corn and other plants grow faster to maintain 21% oxygen in
        the local atmosphere. Inside a cave the candle light will extinguish
        because there is not enough oxygen to maintain flame. There is no
        corn inside a cave.

        The two major gas equations in control can not be altered:

        1. PV=MRT, pressure x volume equals mass x a gas constant (R) x
        temperature (Rankine degrees)

        2. P total = p1 + p2 + p3 + p4 + pz
        The total pressure is equal the sum of the partial pressures.
        If the oxygen remains at 21% by volume as it does and the relative
        humidity increases, the partial pressure of the oxygen will decrease
        making breathing increasingly difficult.
        Likewise, at higher altitudes, the total atmospheric pressure
        declines, the partial pressure of the 21% oxygen will decline making
        breathing increasingly difficult.

        The corn stove can be adjusted for a steady 50% RH, making breathing
        effortless, safe, healthy and comfortable at all altitudes and
        barometric pressures even though the ambient temperature may be
        slightly different from norm or a storm may be brewing on the horizon.

        Please note that at 50% RH, there is little loss in heat from the
        room even if the room is leaky. Dry air carries little heat even if
        it leaks outside. Rooms with high humidity are hard to heat. Water
        holds more heat than air. Heat loss is heavy from a room with high
        relative humidity. The electric company loves high humidity.

        The average global temperature dropped 1.5 deg F in a single
        > year.> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tambora
        > During the past 150 years the CO2 level has increased 1.4 ppmw per
        > year average. CO2 increased from 368 ppmw to 382 ppmw in the past
        > seven years(2000-2007, 14 ppmw increase, 2 ppmw avg).
        Earth temp has been cooler at 0.2 to 0.3 deg C
        > > > every year since 1999
        > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
      • millennium1000
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 21, 2008
          For a corn stove, The partial pressure due to moisture is constantly
          pushing excess moisture outside because the corn stove never goes off
          and back on again.
          That same moisture would creep back inside every cycle for a heat
          pump, electric heater, or wood stove that goes off or allows temp to
          dye down. Insulation Inside the wall never gets dry. The moisture
          only gets pushed around but remains.

          The steady heat of a corn stove provides constant high partial
          pressure of moisture so the corn stove is the only heat that is
          always pushing moisture outside and not allow moisture to return. The
          RH can be controlled by bumping temp one degree for each three
          percent desired in RH change.

          When the temp cycles down, the partial pressure of water vapor is
          greater outside than inside. The greater partial pressure pushes the
          moisture back into the insulation inside the wall. The vapor barrier
          prevents moisture from passing through and actually keeps the
          pressure from drying out insulation inside the wall.

          > The two major gas equations in control can not be altered:
          >
          > 1. PV=MRT, pressure x volume equals mass x a gas constant (R) x
          > temperature (Rankine degrees)
          >
          > 2. P total = p1 + p2 + p3 + p4 + pz
          > The total pressure is equal the sum of the partial pressures.
          > If the oxygen remains at 21% by volume as it does and the relative
          > humidity increases, the partial pressure of the oxygen will
          decrease
          > making breathing increasingly difficult.
          > Likewise, at higher altitudes, the total atmospheric pressure
          > declines, the partial pressure of the 21% oxygen will decline
          making
          > breathing increasingly difficult.
          >
          > The corn stove can be adjusted for a steady 50% RH, making
          breathing
          > effortless, safe, healthy and comfortable at all altitudes and
          > barometric pressures even though the ambient temperature may be
          > slightly different from norm or a storm may be brewing on the
          horizon.

          > Please note that at 50% RH, there is little loss in heat from the
          > room even if the room is leaky. Dry air carries little heat even
          if
          > it leaks outside. Rooms with high humidity are hard to heat.
          Water
          > holds more heat than air. Heat loss is heavy from a room with high
          > relative humidity. The electric company loves high humidity.
          >
          > The average global temperature dropped 1.5 deg F in a single
          > > year.> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tambora
          > > During the past 150 years the CO2 level has increased 1.4 ppmw
          per
          > > year average. CO2 increased from 368 ppmw to 382 ppmw in the past
          > > seven years(2000-2007, 14 ppmw increase, 2 ppmw avg).
          > Earth temp has been cooler at 0.2 to 0.3 deg C

        • yellowcorvette4
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 24, 2008
            The HVAC man wants to know how to control relative humidity in the
            dry arrid dessert of Arizona. With mixed results, he tried using a
            humidifier. My guess is, there was also a de-humidifier in the
            basement or downstairs room. Technically, neither humidifiers and
            dehumidifiers will work with more than depressing results in a house
            with swinging set point temperature control. The RH will swing wildly
            each time the HVAC actuates. The amount of RH swing as temp swings is
            shown on a psychrometric chart.

            It is well worth the wait to pull up and print out the seldom seen
            psychrometric chart posted in the files on the cornstoves site:
            http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EASySOcdZk-
            2idSfNXvb_HJykX9vwkrMSNfkeJEu_3C5XP-
            VsBJaukjjaUda_yUkI8SrLuvuqvCoXJxPt2Ymgw/CornStovePsychoChart.doc

            The psycho chart does not indicate one is going psycho. Perhaps the
            name was assigned to be descriptive about the lack of control one has
            over room moisture unless one has precise control over temperature.
            The human body will feel best at near 50% RH. High humidity can be
            humiliating, sticky, and clammy. If the sheets spark when you
            regress, the air is too dry. Skin contact or close proximity can
            produce shocking results and cause the hair to stand on end at low %RH

            --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "millennium1000"
            <millennium1000@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > horizon.
            > >
            > > Please note that at 50% RH, there is little loss in heat from the
            > > room even if the room is leaky. Dry air carries little heat even
            > if
            > > it leaks outside. Rooms with high humidity are hard to heat.
            > Water
            > > holds more heat than air. Heat loss is heavy from a room with
            high
            > > relative humidity. The electric company loves high humidity.
            > >
            > > The average global temperature dropped 1.5 deg F in a single
            > > > year.> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tambora
            > > > During the past 150 years the CO2 level has increased 1.4 ppmw
            > per
            > > > year average. CO2 increased from 368 ppmw to 382 ppmw in the
            past
            > > > seven years(2000-2007, 14 ppmw increase, 2 ppmw avg).
            > > Earth temp has been cooler at 0.2 to 0.3 deg C

          • wind solar
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 10, 2008
              The recent Surge in energy prices, electricity, gasoline, propane,
              butane, kerosene no 2 heating fuel oil has the body temperature up big
              time. The global energy catastrophe represents big bucks for DOE but
              makes fawn of avg joe.

              --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "Hydro Wind Solar"
              <biomassenergy@...> wrote:

              > Global atmosphere is influenced more by a single active 1816 volcano
              > eruption across the globe in Indonesia than by all other combined
              > historical events.
              > \
            • solarwindy
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 10, 2008
                Corn is $0.50/gallon, not $3-5/gallon like heating fuel and
                electricity. Ten liquid gallons per bushel make the math easy. Odds
                are, corn may soon be back to $0.20/gallon at the farm price.

                --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "Cornstoves" <haclift@...> wrote:
                > Eruption of a volcano in Tomboro, Indonesia resulted in "The year
                > without a summer" (1816). Corn prices reportedly reached $5/bu to
                > $10/bu. The average global temperature dropped 1.5 deg F in a single
                > year. Massive crop failure globally resulted from summer frost and
                > freezing temperatures.
              • yellowcorvette4
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 30, 2009
                  The millions of blackouts and trillions of bailouts will fuel US
                  energy prices beyond the digits on the blackberry. Utilities are
                  government monopolies. Monopolies make profits good times and bad.
                  Government monopolies make good times bad for the few who pay massive
                  prices for the masses.
                  --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "wind solar" <wind.solar@...> wrote:

                  > The recent Surge in energy prices, electricity, gasoline, propane,
                  > butane, kerosene no 2 heating fuel oil has the body temperature up big
                  > time. The global energy catastrophe represents big bucks for DOE but
                  > makes fawn of avg joe.
                  >

                  > --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "Hydro Wind Solar"
                  > <biomassenergy@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Global atmosphere is influenced more by a single active 1816 volcano
                  > > eruption across the globe in Indonesia than by all other combined
                  > > historical events.
                  > > \

                • tennesseecornstoves
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 12, 2009
                    Utility bill holding steady in winter. Rises slightly for summer a/c.
                    --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "yellowcorvette4"
                    <yellowcorvette4@...> wrote:

                    > The millions of blackouts and trillions of bailouts will fuel US
                    > energy prices beyond the digits on the blackberry. Utilities are
                    > government monopolies. Monopolies make profits good times and bad.
                    > Government monopolies make good times bad for the few who pay
                    massive
                    > prices for the masses.
                    > --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "wind solar" <wind.solar@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > The recent Surge in energy prices, electricity, gasoline,
                    propane,
                    > > butane, kerosene no 2 heating fuel oil has the body temperature
                    up big
                    > > time. The global energy catastrophe represents big bucks for DOE
                    but
                    > > makes fawn of avg joe.
                    > >

                    > > --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "Hydro Wind Solar"
                    > > <biomassenergy@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Global atmosphere is influenced more by a single active 1816
                    volcano
                    > > > eruption across the globe in Indonesia than by all other
                    combined
                    > > > historical events.
                    > > > \

                  • tennesseecornstoves
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 20 9:37 PM
                      EPA approved the Carbon tax which is estimated to increase the average utility bill by $100 per month. Utilities must also incur clean up cost to prevent spills like TVA recently reported. A 30% monthly utility increase is estimated to protect future spills. All utilities will be required to comply.

                      --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "tennesseecornstoves" <tennesseecornstoves@...> wrote:

                      > Utility bill holding steady in winter. Rises slightly for summer a/c.
                      > --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "yellowcorvette4"
                      > <yellowcorvette4@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > The millions of blackouts and trillions of bailouts will fuel US
                      > > energy prices beyond the digits on the blackberry. Utilities are
                      > > government monopolies. Monopolies make profits good times and bad.
                      > > Government monopolies make good times bad for the few who pay
                      > massive
                      > > prices for the masses.
                      > > --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "wind solar" <wind.solar@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > The recent Surge in energy prices, electricity, gasoline,
                      > propane,
                      > > > butane, kerosene no 2 heating fuel oil has the body temperature
                      > up big
                      > > > time. The global energy catastrophe represents big bucks for DOE
                      > but
                      > > > makes fawn of avg joe.
                      > > >

                      > > > --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "Hydro Wind Solar"

                      > volcano
                      > combined

                    • Betty Guinn
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 21 2:52 AM
                        Hi Henry I believe we are going to get the cornstove next monthI am not sure but I'm counting on it,talk to you later

                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 22 10:16 PM
                          Hi Henry,
                          I believe we are going to get the cornstove next month. I am not sure but I'm counting on it. Talk to you later.
                          Congratulations!! I hope so too. Glad you got the computer up and running again. Keep up the good work.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 23 3:15 AM
                            Hi Henry I want to ask you a question on the site can you advertise other things on it do you have to pay to put anything on it. Just want to know thanks bettyguinn@...

                            target=_blank>ps.com, "tennesseecornstove s" <tennesseecornstove s@...> wrote:Utility bill holding steady in winter. Rises slightly for summer a/c.