Now is the time for Corn Stove Cleaning

  • millennium1000
    Message 1 of 15 , May 2, 2008
      Clean the corn stove and Spray a full aerosol can of corrosionX on
      all moving parts including parts that allow corn to slide (auger
      shaft, auger blade, corn chute, hopper sides. Fan motor bushings
      Be a happy angel next fall when the leaves drop.

      --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "angel_wings_baby_gurl"
      <angel_wings_baby_gurl@...> wrote:

      > Hello...
      > I just ahve a question concerning this:
      > we bought a used corn stove..and unknown to us,the previous owners
      > must have left corn in the bin, Anbd therefore, rust occured...
      when
      > we started it up, after cleaning it...it sounded as if the auger
      > itself, within the shft-hole, was grinding against the metal....we
      > took the auger out, (after shutting off power)...and the auger
      seemed
      > fine with little rust. The inside of the shaft hole where the auger
      > is inserted though, is quite corroded....The auger motor runs fine
      > OUTSIDE of the shaft...no squeaks, runs great...but as soon as it
      is
      > inserted back in the shaft hole, the grinding begins...and even
      acts
      > if it does not want to "prime" the corn at times..will the
      corrosion
      > X help with that?..any suggestions?? Please? Thanks so much .
    • tennesseecornstoves
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 5, 2008
        Corrosionx did the job. No more squeeks. --- In

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 10, 2008
          The corn stove experience will be greatly enhanced by properly
          utilizing the following fine products to easily maintain corn stove
          cleanliness and heat exchange efficiency:

          1. www.lightningnuggets.com Nuggets are locally available from the
          corn stove dealer, at Lowe's, or over the internet.
          Lightning nuggets and lightning buggs are used to light off the corn
          stove. Both or either will maintain a clean furnace with no smoke and
          minimum sparks. One to three large lightning nuggets or one large
          lightning nugget and about three small lightning buggs will light off
          automatically without using the "prime" button.

          2. www.corrosionx.com Locally available from your corn stove dealer
          or over the internet. One or two annual treatments of rejectx will
          maintain a clean glass door for a clear view of corn stove flames.
          The aerosol spray cans of corrosionx are not to be used around open
          flames nor with a hot stove. Apply at ambient temperature. Avoid
          temperatures above 80 deg F during treatment. Treat all metal and
          moving parts to simplify cleaning, minimize noise, prevent vibration
          and prevent metal and bearing surface corrosion. Pellet stoves will
          also benefit from annual treatment with corrosionx products.

          3. Orange cleaner is available at the local food store in the
          cleaning dept or at the local auto parts store. Do not use substitute
          cleaners. Up to 90% water can be added to the orange cleaner. Use
          the manual push hand spray on jet setting to zap each heat exchanger
          tube, furnace walls, corn chute, divider pen, and burner with
          cleaning liquid. Spray until liquid flows down and washes each tube
          completely clean. Turn the stove on low during the operation. Hot
          tubes clean better than cold tubes. Oranges and potash have opposite
          PH and therefore become neutralizers or optimum cleaners. To apply
          with a spray nozzle is a like a drink of cool water. No need for
          heavy brushing with steel bristles. Hot tubes contract and pop off
          all contaminants when cold orange cleaner is applied with a cool jet
          nozzle. Continue to spray until clean liquid flows down each tube.
          --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "tennesseecornstoves"

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 10, 2008
            With corn stove at ambient temperature, spray corrosionx into the
            auger, auger chute, auger shaft, corn chute. Allow about 5 minutes
            and the stove will run fine.
            For best results, annually during spring cleaning remove the auger
            and spray corrosionx into the auger chute and full length of the
            auger blade. Remember to spray the auger bushing and auger motor
            bushing and gears. Allow all summer for the corrosionx to penetrate
            and lubricate. Allow the corrosionx product to freely clean away all
            previous lubricants such as the highly corrosive powder graphite
            lubricant incorrectly recommended in the corn stove manual.
            Now is a good time to spray each motor bearing and blade. Insert the
            red straw of the corrosionx can into each small hole that lubricates
            each fan motor. Give each bushing a shot or two of corrosionx to
            provide quiet operation free of vibration and noise. Brush the fan
            blades clean of dust and spider webs to prevent vibration. The fan
            blades are fragile and should not be bumped or bent during cleaning.

            <angel_wings_baby_gurl@...> wrote:

> [...]
            survive
            > > both the operational temperature, condensation during off season
            > and
            > > the off season corn juice. CorrosionX is one of the easiest
            > products
            > > to apply. A pressurized 8oz can will treat the entire stove if
            the
            > > first application is thorough.
            > > Two 8oz cans may be needed the first treatment as the larger can
            > will
            > > not fit into the small spaces inside the stove.
            > >
            > > Any one knows or should be informed that paint will not survive
            corn
            > > flame temperatures. Moisture causes steel to corrode unless the
            > steel
            > > is protected.
            > >
            > > Call the local corn stove dealer if you need assistance in the

          • biomasselectricity
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 17, 2008
              Cleaning a corn stove is easy. While the tubes are hot to warm,
              shoot some orange cleaner/water 10/90 mix directly on the tubes. Keep
              spraying liquid until all the black washes off squeeky clean.

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 17, 2008
                If corn stoves are so efficient and cost effective, why aren't corn
                stoves cleaning the clock of competitive energy sources?
                "It is people, human beings, who ultimately determine the rate and
                depth of success for energy choices."

                Conventional wisdom follows the money.
                If a corn stove isn't profitable to the supply chain,
                the supply chain could dry up prematurely, irregardless of the cost
                effectiveness and benefits at the point of use.

                There is a learning curve.
                If the learning curve exceeds the profitability curve,
                people take longer to get on board than it takes for the ship to sink.

                There will always be skeptics. Just because the public does, or does
                not quickly observe, comprehend, conform and jump on the Titanic
                doesn't preclude a life saving craft from saving a few. No one can
                convince me that the internal combustion engine and the 25% efficient
                electricity are the most efficient sources of clean energy supplied
                from phossil phuels shipped across the globe from rouge terrorist
                nations and transmitted transcontinental on grid.

                --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "biomasselectricity"