Wisconsin Cuts Power to 2000 Homes on April 11, 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15 7:21 AM
      If 60,000 people are each $2000 behind on the electric bill in the
      cheese state, we can only wonder what the total energy bill was all
      winter. Four days later the 1040 hits them blind sided in the dark.

      Past Due Utility Bills Near $115 Million
      By Light & Medium Truck, 4/11/08
      Wisconsin's largest utility says it will cut service to about 60,000
      customers when the state's seasonal moratorium on disconnections ends
      today, the Associated Press reported.
      We Energies says nearly 12% more customers have fallen behind on their
      utility bills, compared to last year, AP said.
      Increasing energy costs and a rough winter have left the Milwaukee-
      based utility with uncollected debt of nearly $115 million, compared to
      almost $103 million in delinquent customer bills in February 2007, AP
      said.
      http://www.lmtruck.com/articles/lmtbase.aspx?storyid=129