How to Locate a Noisy Fan

  • yellowcorvette4
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2008
      To find the blowers, follow the noise. If you can't locate the blower,
      it must not be noisy. But if you wait until the blower gets noisy, will
      a drop of oil make it quite again?
      The only tools required are a phillips screwdriver and the oil.
      Oops! Don't forget the biofocals, bright light, dust rag, broom straw,
      and spray can.
      If you don't have a spray can, dip the broom straw in the oil and let
      the oil drip down into the oil port.
      I can never see to locate the oil fitting even with glasses and a
      microscope. I just feel around with the big finger until I can feel a
      small hole in the housing. If the straw goes in, you got the right
      place.